Sunday, September 03, 2006

September goal and some CQ

As you see I now have a sidebar.Only purchase fabrics to complete a quilt. If you want a similar Susan has a described it in her blog.

I have started to embellish this little block. Down in the left corner I had used a too bright white fabric and this I have hided under a lace from the goodiesbag I got from Pat. And I have started to make some silkribbon roses.

When I was in Trysil this weekend my friend had made me this little angel. She had used fabric decopage and a napkin.

I had to make a little angelquilt of it. She is also making a similar. It will be fun to see how different they probably will be. I have found som buttons and a lace which I got from Marianne. (Please Marianne if you read this, mail me. I have deleted your mails and I want to thank you so much for the beautiful laces)

Tomorrow I will be away for a week. It is a work class I am going to. And I think I will be able to log into internet some times to read mails and perhaps blog a bit. I will bring my camera and see if there is anything interesting to share with you. I will bring a lot of quilting because I know the evening at the hotel will be boring.

10 comments:

Wenchequilts said...

Så flotte crazy-broderi-ting du lager! Det er så lekkert, særlig hjertene er utrolig fine!

Hedgehog said...

Have a safe, fun trip, even if it is for work. It's raining like crazy here in Finland today - definitely back to school weather for me.

Susan said...

Both of these are wonderful! I love your friends' gifts to you. =) I can hardly wait to see the angel block finished. It has such wonderful possibilities! I love the silk roses you are doing in the corner of the other one. This will be beautiful, too.

Jenni said...

You will have withdrawal symptoms without your blog! Hope you find somewhere to log on.

Cynthia said...

what a beautiful angel block you have. The silk ribbons you have done are lovely. Look forward to seeing what else you do on that block.
See you when you get back from your trip.

Hanne said...

What a cute angel May Britt :-)
I am contemplating printing on fabric without the whole preparation song and dance, just for CQ - Have you tried it ?

Have a good week in your work class. I guess you are bringing some hand work ?

September fabric depression - nope, not me.
I am on Low Buy though, even if I bought 5,7 meters of my favourite background fabric yesterday. It has been discontinued a long time ago and I just Had To do it !

Libby said...

Hope your trip is a safe one. I love your quilt blocks -- such intricate work you do.

Judy said...

The silk ribbons are simply beautiful! They are turning out very nicely!

allie aller said...

These two projects are going to be wonderful!

abeautifulcraft said...

Lovely blocks May!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails