Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Two ufo's done

JIPPIE......I am dancing.....I finished two ufo's this weekend. And whats surprised me was that they were done in no time. The bindings was already made, just had to sew in on and then handstitch the binding. Saturday evening in front of the tv with a glass of redwine. Voila.....the bindings went so fast. And now I got a new tablerunner for my kitchen table, and one ready for the advent.
The chicken table runner was made several years ago. I remember now why i did not finish it. At that time I had another kitchentable and it was small. The tablerunner got to long for that table. Even when i reduced it with some chickens. But now I have a new table and the length is correct. The tablerunner is hand stitched and handquilted. I am quite pleased with it :)

My advent table runner do not have the usual advent colours which is purple. I made this one two years ago at a class in the Norwegian Quilt Association. We who is in the board do not have the oportunity taking classes at the annual meeting (we have to organize the whole happening) and we use to have a long meeting a whole weekend where we invites someone to give us a class. In 2004 Hanne Aspelin Firman visited us and I made this adventrunner after her pattern and directions. I made white pointsettias on a blue and green background.This was a fun way of using a sort of log cabin, cutting here and cutting there and sewing it together. I love this tablerunner and think I will make another one in this teqnique.

And of course my sewing room is a mess......again LOL

But I have no time tidy it up before the weekend. Tomorrow me and my DD are going to Denmark. And I will be home friday evening. I think I will bring some small stitching, but I do not think I will be able to sew anything.

11 comments:

Jenni said...

You have been very good May Britt to finish 2 UFOs. It is lucky that I only made 2 pathetic goals for Sept, as again I sit here not in the mood to sew. Can't make up my mind what to do. Have fun in Denmark

Sweet P said...

Two finished UFOs - good for you. I like both of your table runners. Have fun on your trip.

Simonetta said...

Hi May Britt, I like a lot its tablerunners, above all that of the Advent, it is very original, really:)))

Patti said...

That doesn't look like much of a mess! I wouldn't worry about it at all. The table runners look wonderful - and perfect on your new table. I love those chickens! Well done girl - you get the UFO finish award for the week!

Cynthia said...

well done on completing two UFOs. Those tablerunners look great.

Libby said...

Great job finishing up UFO's. The poinsettia is very nice. I have had things get too large like your chickens -- glad they work for you now. Have fun on your trip.

Hedgehog said...

Congrats on the finishes! I LOVE the advent runner. It's really beautiful. Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the 2 finishes! I especially love those blue pointsettias!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Your advent runner is wonderful! Hooray for finishing UFO's - one good thing about the delay - the chicken one now fits your table!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Elaine Adair said...

I enjoyed my visit to your site, and especially like the table runner, white, with the string-y type strips. How clever it is! And I haven't has a chance to see what othe lovely things you have made! 8-)

Linda C said...

congrats on the UFO finishes! Hope you had a wonderful time over the weekend. (Yeah, I am behing in reading.)

I've seen messier rooms too--I'm looking at one now. as a matter of fact but once this top I'm working on is done, it is time to vacuum!

Related Posts with Thumbnails