Sunday, March 14, 2010

Long time no blogging :)

Gosh...it is two weeks since my last post. I have been so busy this two weeks. Next weekend we are going to our annual quilt meeting in the Norwegian Quilt Association. A lot of planning to get the best for all the ladies who are comming. So there has been a lot of mailing between us in charge of the event.

One of the things I am in charge of is all the things that's going to be in the "goodie-bag" all the registered ladies will get.
Since I am so lucky to see the goodies in advance, I have already tested one of the "goodies". Will show you later this weekend, because it still have to be a secret.

Some ordered goodies also arrived in my mailbox.

And finally I can make this pillow. I bought this pattern while Lynette visited Norway, and I have waited for so long to get the fabrics for it. So when it starts to calm down, I will start making this pillow.

I also finished another secret today. Hanne, Bente (no blogger) and I have a challenge going on. I was the first one to make the challenge. They got a cute button and some ribbon and was told to make a little quilt 8 x 8 inches. And next weekend we will meet and reveal our small quilts, and then I will show you.

I have also done some sloooooooow work on my Bread and Butter quilt. Just one row and the corners to finish.

I really look forward to easter with some days home from work. Hope to get a lot of sewing done. And I promise to blog more often :)

But first our annual quilt meeting.
Almost 400 quilt ladies together a whole weekend.
A lot of quilts in our exhibition
A lot of quiltshops to spend money in
Meeting good friends
Meeting new friends
Meeting Yoko Saito
A lot of inspiration
A lot of laughter


Saying for today:

The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.

13 comments:

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

OOh May Brit so many sneaky peeks.... umm can't wait for the reveal. Rouenerries fabric is just gorgeous. I love working with it.Enjoy making your cushion.
Hugs Dawn x x x
So for the deleted comment before... many spelling mistakes...LOL

Hanne-Kristine said...

ÅÅÅÅHHHHHH skulle så gjerne ha vært med på årsmøte, men mannen min skal bort og jeg kan ikke ha barnevakt for en hel helg...... skulle meget gjerne hatt med meg quilting på japansk.

NYT det og legg ut masse bilder på bloggen :oD

klem hk

Anne-Grethe said...

Lykke til på årsmøte. Neste år er dere hjertelig velkommen til Tromsø, alle sammen!

Ann Marie said...

Your Bread and Butter quilt look great.

mascanlon said...

Goodness May Britt you are always getting so much done! Have fun at the big weekend, we'll look forward to many photos and blog bits next week.

Sue-Anne said...

Your Bread and Butter quilt is looking fantastic. You must be very pleased with it.

Sounds like a very busy but fun filled weekend coming up. 400 women! No wonder you have been too busy to blog. I hope you have a great time and are not too run off your feet.

Annelis hantverk said...

Så roligt det skulle vara att få se er utställning med dessa underbara lapptekniks arbeten! Jag väntar med spänning på att få se mera av dina arbeten och kudden du skall börja på med.
Ha en bra dag!

Grethe said...

Heldigvis at du ikke var syk da, nå har du jo så mye max fint å vise.Gleder meg til å se puten ferdig etter hvert.Jeg skal nok starte på den en dag jeg også.
Spent på å ta en titt på ut- stillingen til helgen;har planene klare med en gjeng på lørdagen.
Happy Quilting to you,fra Grethe.

julieQ said...

Your bread and butter quilt is wonderful, May Brit. Have fun and enjoy the show, I know you have put in a lot of work into this.

siv hege said...

Gleder meg til helgen, og håper jeg får møtt deg. Jeg kan være din personlige assistent! Komme med mat og drikke, og plaster hvis du skulle begynne å blø :)

Sigrun said...

God tur til årsmøte. Jeg skulle ha vært der, men helsa sier stopp. Så da blir det å nyte bilder og tekst etterpå. Regner med at du har en utførlig beskrivelse i tekst og bilder fra årsmøte i etterkant. Kos deg innimellom all jobbinga.

Kaaren said...

It's been a busy time for you, May Britt. I can't wait for you to share your sneak peek surprises with us.

Your bread and butter quilt is amazing now, even before it's finished. Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails