Sunday, March 21, 2010

My meeting with Yoko Saito

During these hectic days at the annual quilt meeting I have had the honor to meet Yoko Saito.

I have been a great admire of her books and pattern, and I am so happy I now got a chance to meet her. She is a wonderful lady, always smiling and even if she does not speak so much I talked to her through the interpreter. I got the chance to join her class a few hours, and learned so much about her way to work.

She had three quilts with her to show on our exhibition. Three absolutely stunning quilts. Just take a look at all the tiny details on them.




Last day of the annual meeting today, and I have a lot of photos to show you now.

10 comments:

Lynette Anderson said...

Oh May Britt how wonderful for you to meet Yoko Saito I love her work. very inspirational.
Lynettex

Annelies said...

What an honor to meet her.
I do like the quilt with all the houses on it.

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Wow!! What wonderful works!!

Sue-Anne said...

How exciting for you! Those quilts are amazing!!!

mascanlon said...

Amazing quilts, can't wait to see the rest of the show...and hear all your stories!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I"ve always loved her stuff. That house quilt of hers has been a favorite of mine for a long time!

ranette said...

I love, love, love Yoko Saito's work and I thank you for showing pictures of her quilts.

How thrilling for you to meet her :o)

Cattinka said...

Lucky you, you already got to meet some great designers!
I love the last quilt you showed with the houses, a real masterpiece.
KATRIN W.

WoolenSails said...

I love her patterns, wish we could get her books in the states.

Debbie

Kerry said...

She is a quilting rock star. Lucky you. I have successfully ordered from her website. Kerry

Related Posts with Thumbnails