Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My shopping

Of course I manage to do some shopping during this weekend. There was so many temptations in the shops. And this is what came home with me.
Thread is a must to have for a quilter, and I found Cosmo thread, Yli silkthread and the Cottage garden thread. Look forward to start testing the cosmo thread. And of course some fabric came home with me and a Whimsical pattern book.
As you know we had Yoko Saito visiting our annual meeting, and I had to buy her book. I was so lucky to join her class as a reporter for our magazine, and I got the kit for the bag they was making. And I look forward to use the four in one tool Yoko always are using.

My best buying was a new otlite lamps.

I also got some gifts during this weekends. Thank you all of you
(you know who you are :)

And I love the Tutto bag I got. Now I can transport my sewingmachine in a safe way:)

This was my last meeting as a member in the board of the Norwegian Quilters Association. After 7 years in the board it was time for me to pass it over to another lady. Next year I will visit only as a guest and I really look forward to just calm down and enjoy it all.

And now I will continue on my focus projects. Still have some quilting to do on my easter bunnies. Hope to have it up on the wall this spring.

Tomorrow quiltmeeting in my local quiltgroup.

Saying for today:

The time to relax is when
you don't have time for it

Sydney J. Harris

18 comments:

Elin said...

Det er eit fantastisk bidrag du har gjort for NQF, tenk så mange år, ikkje mange held ut så lenge i verva sine! Nyt ditt otium!

MARIE CLAUDE said...

mercipour toutes ces photos
l expo avait lair belle
a bientot
marie claude

Zar Galstyan said...

Wonderful blog!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nice lots of purchases there May Britt...

Magia da Inês said...

Olá, amiga!
Seu trabalho está cada vez mais elaborado... você é super talentosa!
Sucesso!!!
Itabira - Brasil

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love all your goodies and gifts--but I really enjoyed today's saying--it is sooo true--thanks for sharing it!
have a great day
Hugs, Di

Grethe said...

Nyt ditt otium,sier jeg også. Nå kan du vel glede deg over alle UFOene du skal ta fatt på. Super blogg du har!
Happy Quilting fra Grethe.

Cattinka said...

What wonderful things you brought home, it´s almost like christmas. Almost? I5´s probably better!
KATRIN W.

Talin's Corner said...

You were lucky in your purchases and your gifts. Enjoy them. I know I always relish new things. And you will definately love your Ottlites.

carole ann said...

It looks like you did very well for yourself. And thank you so much for sharing the photos, love them what wonderful inspiration.

Hanne-Kristine said...

Tusen takk for flotte bilder
Husker du av hvem du kjøpte Yli-silketråden? Kanskje en nettadresse? Gratulere med 7år for nqf. Håper du får masse tid til å gjøre det du ønsker.
klem hk

ranette said...

I like everything that you bought and now I'm going to have to get the tool that Yoko uses and her new book.

Stina Blomgren said...

GREAT SHOPPING!!!!! :o) You couldn´t have done it any better..:o)
Love to hear what you think of the ott lites... think they must be great!!Enjoy all the goodies.. and good luck with hte Easter quilt!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your bought some wonderful things! I've heard that cosmo thread is really nice but haven't found it here yet. I bet I find it this year at the chicago or paducah shows.

And you will LOVE that Tutto bag. I have one and I love it!

Chookyblue...... said...

thanks for sharing all the shop, quilts, your shopping and looks like it was a wonderful time.............always so much work when your on a committee..........enjoy it next year from the sidelines.........

Laila said...

Hi. Love all your buyings ... Great way to spend money.. LOL
Looking forward to the trip to Tromsø.
See you soon. Hugs.

Joy said...

Love all the goodies you bought!! The bag kit looks gawjus!!! Such beautiful gifties ... the Moose pattern looks interesting ;o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

I would like use your hens idea for our next quiltin chicks meeting? they are so cute! we love chicks! cyndi

PS you had some great other things to will be back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails