Tuesday, August 28, 2007

New ideas

I had no idea it would feel so good relaxing all weekend. I thought I would be bored, but I did not. Perhaps relaxing is something we women forget to do. We always have to do something. Housecleaning, making dinner, washing clothes, shopping, sewing, sewing, sewing......... So my advice to all of you: Take time to relax, it feels sooooo good. And you get more energy to sew. I guess (hope) I have soooooooooooooooooooooo much energy to start sewing again when my arm is ok again. I have got so many ideas now so.................... My physiotherapist was very optimistic but told be to be very careful the next weeks.

New ideas!!!!!!!!!!! My quiltshop have been to a fair and ordered a lot of new fabric, books and patterns. They brought home a lot of new japaneese book (the rest is comming later) and of course I one of them had to come home with me. This one:
I have no idea what the title on the cover says LOL. It would be fun to know!!! I do not understand a single word of japaneese but the patterns are easy to follow. A lot of good pictures that explains how to do.
Look at this beautiful double wedding ring quilt made in taupe fabric...................
and this bag......................
and the house and little wallhanging. A lot of lovely projects in this book.

My friend Nancy have been in Birmingham at The Festival of Quilts. If you want to see all the treasures she bought when she was there go and visit her blog. I asked her before leaving that if she found something I did not know I needed, she had to buy it for me. And look what I needed:
Hand-dyed cotton thread from 21st Century Yarns. I love them. Look forward to use them on stitchery very soon. It's always fun to let friends do the shopping because they come home with things you probably would not have bought yourself ( but I think I would have bought this if I had been in Birmingham)
Saying for today:
This house is protected by killer dust bunnies!
Because I'm not allowed to vacuum nor wash the floor yet .....LOL

22 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful threads May Britt, so glad that ideas are running through your head, gives you plenty to think on and plan. Those japanese books are wonderful.

dutchcomfort said...

Hello May Britt, I have announced a blog-break to relax a bit and to have time to do my real work, but I will visit blogs. I can translate the Japanese on the book, it says: Beautiful Fabric House (LOL)! I bought some Japanese books last week. I couldn’t resist them. They have bags and houses and quilts in it. Sooo beautiful. I was told the Japanese made everything by hand! Would you believe??

Gail said...

My house is protected by killer dust elephants!

CONNIE W said...

May, Thanks for reminding us all to take care of ourselves. Your energy level is coming through the internet right into my computer and I feel recharged and inspired.

Sweet P said...

Don't you love it when a friend knows what you want when you don't know? Those friends look absolutely yummy.

Relaxing is good to do. And, you're right, many of us forget how to do it.

Anonymous said...

WOW ! Such nice projects ! I love those Japanese books, too. I had the opportunity to meet YOKO SAITO (you've got some of her books), and to see her at work : she does her appliqueing without measuring anything, no template, she just cuts randomly from her fabrics, and creates the pattern while doing it... amazing ! A totally free way of working. She says we stick too much to patterns, and that restrainsts creativity.

LOVE your coton threads ! Are they perlé cotons, or stranded ?

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE

Anonymous said...

LOL. What do you mean you can't read Japanese. I'm sure the title of the book says "May's New Japanese Book" Ha ha ha.
Love all their books. I agree, even though we can't read Japanese, you can follow the instructions.
Can't wait to see what you make.

Belvie said...

Glad to hear you are resting and recovering so you can sew,sew,sew!

Those threads are beautiful. Can't wait to see a new stitchery using them.

Libby said...

Enjoy your new book - every page looks exciting *s* The threads are just wonderful and will make your projects look the same.

atet said...

Oh, those threads will be beautiful in a stitchery! I love using verigated thread in cross stitch, I wonder why I didn't think of using them in stitcheries!

I love the Japanese book -- such fun projects!

Unknown said...

Lovely threads - you know the best thing about Killer Dust Bunnies is they don't cost anything to feed :o) Take care and don't do too much too soon with that shoulder

sewkalico said...

My arms are fine, but my dust is definitely worse than yours with our renovations - you get used to it LOL And I would rather sew than dust!!

Just rest and I hope you heal soon.

Nicole said...

Keep on relaxing, it sounds like you are having fun. What a beautiful Japanese book!

Teodo said...

It's right some relax is good.
This Japanese book is very beautiful I have one too exactly like this.
ciao ciao

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I love that book and I desperately want the house pattern, I wonder how to source it, I'll have to have a look in Google. You would think that there must be an English version somewhere?
So pleased you are improving but I felt so sorry for you having to watch at your sewing weekend, at least you had the company!! Tracey

Yvonne said...

Great projects and such a pretty array of threads. Glad to hear you are relaxing and getting better. :)

Linda C said...

Surely you are not itching to deal with the floors? Now that would be bored to want to do housework. No way could it be boring to look at your lovely books and fondle that thread. Yummy colors so your friend chose well.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh the hand dyed thread is beautiful! and the Japanese book looks so fun! I"m glad you had a wonderful relaxing time!

Mary Ann said...

Hi there, May Britt! Hope your arm is doing better! I was wondering if you have the ISBN number of that Japanese book? I am really interesting in doing some of these great projects! Thanks! Mary Ann in Denmark

Jeanne said...

The Japanese book looks very tempting. I love the pictures and projects that are in the magazines, too. They aren't too easy to find over here.

Anonymous said...

I did a little house few weeks ago. not so complicated because it was a pincushion,. You can see it on my blog.
Great things here! ; )

Casa

Mary Ann said...

I just found this book from my LQS...I was very surprised to see it in stock...I bought it right away! I'm working on a few projects from it just now...I love it! Thanks for the review! Mary Ann

Related Posts with Thumbnails