Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More quiltmedicine

Three good friends on a day trip.

And when one of them was so stupid to forget the camera..........me of course............I was so lucky that I got to borrow Irenes camera. So I have photos to show on my blog from our trip. Thank you Irene, you saved my blogging :)

We started early monday morning and headed for Oslo. First stop was at Ikea where we looked around. I bought a couple of glass jugs where I intend to fill with buttons, pins aso. Photo further down of them.

Then we drove further to Bærums Verk. This is a lovely place to walk around. There is a lot of cosy shops there, and one of them is Lappemakeriet. A beautiful quiltshop. Look how cosy it is in front of the shop. An old tiny restored building that is now a quiltshop. Let's go inside the shop...... There I met Tullemor, a friend of me that works in this shop. And of course we had to do some shoping. Here is Irene (in the front) and Britt (behind) looking at the books and fabrics.
Upstairs there was a exhibition called "Triangle at the attic". I have just started to play with triangles on a roll and I got a lot of ideas after seeing all the beautifull quilts there.
You see what I mean. I love these quilts and I want to sew...............right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have to buy more triangles on a roll first. I only have the one that makes 2" squares.
After shopping fabric, books, buttons and boxes at the quiltshop we drove furter to visit Hadeland Glassverk. Hadeland Glassverk is beautifully situated in Jevnaker, just an hour north of Oslo, in idyllic surroundings at the southern tip of the lake Randsfjord. The glassworks was founded in 1762 and is the oldest industrial company in Norway that can claim continuous operation since its foundation. With its 190 employees the glassworks today not only represents a large and thriving industry undergoing constant development, but also significant operations linked to the Visitor Centre. The company boasts a significant historical and cultural heritage, while at the same time focusing on continous development and new design. Our Visitor Centre welcomes almost 600.000 visitors annually, and is thereby one of Norway's most popular tourist attractions.
One of the shops "The Honey house" had real beehives inside the shop. Luckily behind glass. I did not go near to look properly at them because I hate bees!!!!!!! But Irene took a close look at them...............yeeeek. We had a great day together. And will make this trip next year too.
I bought these fabrics at the quiltshop. Lappemakeriet has a lot of repro fabrics. And I love repro fabrics. I'm collecting them and hope to make a big repro quilt some day.
And here is the glass jugs I bought at Ikea. Imagine them filled with buttons. One with white buttons, one with red, one with blue aso. I have to buy more of these!!!!!!!!!! Will look nice in my sewingroom.
Saying for today:
Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
the days pass quickly when I am sewing.
I want to seeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!!

21 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm so glad that you got out with friends! :-) A lovely day, indeed.

I love Triangles on a Roll and you will, too. They were 'invented' by one of the formers owners of one of our local quilt stores.

Anonymous said...

Du har hatt en kjempetur! Masse fine bilder. Den utstillingen på BV tror jeg at jeg må få med meg! God bedring, skjønner godt du vil syyyyyyy :o)

May Kristin said...

Good for you to have such a lovely day! You know, shopping is one of the best medicine for us women!!

Anne Ida said...

Looks like you had a great day! And even though there is no sewing for you (yet), you got some goodies to take home, and lots of inspiration :o)

Debi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your friends. It is always nice to get together go shop and touch fabric (and buy a little also).

Anita said...

Good for you whith such a lovely day May Brit.
Hugs from me in the south :-D

Patti said...

What a wonderful day you had! And the quilt shop looks marvelous. I think you showed great restraint when you didn't buy lots more!

Jeanne said...

Another wonderful day spent with friends! You sure know how to "get away" for the day. The triangle quilts are all very inspiring, too. I'll be anxious to see what you decide to make.

Little Penpen said...

You have such a wonderful life! You are truly my inspiration... you LOVE quilts and sewing. I want to be just like you when I grow up! Hope everything goes well with your surgery!

atet said...

What a lovely day and a great way to treat yourself before your surgery. I'm so sorry you've been in such pain -- it has to be hard. I know what you mean about wanting to sew!

Susan said...

What a great day! Thanks so much for taking us along with you, through the photos. That seems like a great little shop, and that upstairs display had some gorgeous quilts! I love Triangles on a Roll, and I think I have them in every size. Plus I have a CD that will print them in other sizes, even!

It sounds like a lovely day, and I'm so glad to hear you are going to make it an annual event!

meggie said...

Great post May Britt! loved all the pics, & your yummy fabrics!

Elin said...

Oh, what a lovely day, a dream day!!! I want to go to Lappemakeriet also, but I live 50 miles away...Sometimes I buy fabrics there by mail. Me too love repro fabrics, and I have a small collection, too small in fact!
Meanwhile I study Trine Bakkes's book, that's just wonderful. I remember one of the tablerunners at the exhibition from the book, or maybe it was from Quiltemagasinet? I sure will make that some day!

Libby said...

It does look like such a fun day - a lot of inspiration in that attic *s* Funny I had to go back to 'look' for triangles - my eye is used to seeing pinwheels, churndash, etc. and had to think about where the shape comes into play *s*

Wendy said...

Loved the mini quilt shop tour. Nice looking shop, I really enjoy poking around every corner when in quilt shops. The quilts upstairs give me some good ideas...Oh I almost forgot the chicken quilt with the flying geese border...I made that one but without the hearts and stars, maybe i should add that to mine.

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking us with you to the quiltshop.

Yvonne said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful day! A day with quilting friends is indeed good medicine.

Anonymous said...

Ser ut som dere har hatt en kjempefin tur. Skulle gjerne vært på Lappemakeriet jeg også ser jeg! Så masse fint! Inspirerende å se alle de fine bildene fra butikken!

Sweet P said...

You did have a wonderful day. I love Triangles on a Roll. I have a book that has patterns for using TOARs in all sizes.

I also have those mini jars from IKEA. I have buttons in mine and they sit on the windowsill in my studio.

Helen said...

I love seeing pictures of your visits to the quilt shops - thank you.

Quilts And Pieces said...

oooo - what wonderful quilt candy! Oh that shop looks like fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails