Thursday, August 30, 2007

August 07 quiltmeeting

This evening we had our first quiltmeeting this autumn. Several ladies had been clever this summer and finished a lot of both new things and ufo's. Perhaps the bad weather this summer have made us stay inside and sew. It's always fun to meet the other quiltladies in our group and today we was almost 40 ladies present. And of course we had a show and tell:


Two nice tablerunners from AnnAKa's pattern. This remind me I have started this tablerunner too. It's somewhere in my sewingroom .............LOL
One lady had finished the table cloth we started on a class in may. I have finished my top, but not basted and quilted it. I made both the summer and the christmas version.
A beautiful bowtie quilt with applications. The flowers are made of hexagons.
Laila had played with the square in a square ruler and this is what she made.

One lady have made this quilt as a gift to a kindergarten. It is so cute and I guess the children there will be happy to get it.
A chicken quilt in flannel.
Some happy children. This is actually one of my designs :) Made it long time ago.
A Sun Bonnet Sue bag.
And a peacock bag.
And I manage to sew a few more stitches. This angel is starting to get a skirt. A few stitches every day makes my day :)
Tomorrow my DD is coming home. I'm so happy. It is two weeks since she left home and I miss her so. But as long as she enjoys her stay at the shool I'm happy.
Saying for today:

A dog is a dog, but a cat is a purrrrrson




26 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

A dog has an owner and a cat has his personnel! Hi May Britt, such lovely quilts. I love your design with the happy children and I love the chickens too. Do you by any chance know who is the pattern from? And you have been naughty to do some stitches!! I can imagine it’s tempting!

Little Penpen said...

Oh, I'm so very glad you are BACK! I'm glad your surgery went well and you are healing so fast. Your blog is always so full of pretty things. I love the chicken quilt! (I'm selfish, and don't think I would give it to a bunch of kindergarteners!)

JoAnna said...

so pretty! Thanks for sharing the photos! I love the tablerunners and I agree with Penny - the chickens are adorable.

Proverbs3122 said...

Such lovely projects. I just LOVE show and tell time at our guild meeting each month. I never cease to be amazed at the creativity of the women in our guild.

Unknown said...

You are very talented, your design is so beautiful. I also like this AnnAKa designs.

CONNIE W said...

Wow, they're all so wonderful. You all must have had a fun time doing the show & tell of these great projects.

Yvonne said...

What a fun show and tell...the quilts are wonderful.

Jo said...

I always love when you share Annika pattern pictures. Do you know if her patterns are available in the US?

Jo

MARCIE said...

May Britt, Tell me, are you making up all your little verses? Today's verse is just too clever! I Enjoyed the show and tell. Hope you are well!

QuiltingFitzy said...

"Spring Chickens" is from Meme's Quilts. It is to finish at 40x48, I think there is an extra border added here. www.memesquilts.com

I have the top finished, quilted it once...and took out ALL the quilting.

I'm interested in learning how this lady quilted hers, mine needs HELP!

Thanks for sharing your pictures May Britt.

Keep healing!

Passionate Quilter said...

Oh how fun! A new season of quilters and what a lovely show and tell! Quite impressive! Gload to hear you are getting along--I love watching your progress on your stitcheries, very inspiring to me (who would like to be better!)

The Calico Cat said...

Wow, I liked all of those quilts. I kept saying I like that, oh I like that one more, etc. (I really really like the bowties with hexagon flowers.)

dot said...

Very nice work all around.

Nicole said...

Thank you for sharing all those fantastic photos! You sure have some talented ladies in your group.

Gail said...

Thanks for letting us see all the lovely quilts that your guild made. Enjoy your daughter when she gets home!

Darlene said...

Wonderful, wonderful pictures - lots of talented ladies in that group.

Take care of your shoulder and do not do too much.

Enjoy having your DD home for a few days!

sewkalico said...

What wonderful photos! I have not been able to go to my local quilt group since I had my youngest so it was really nice to be able to go to yours via the internet :O) thank you!

ps enjoy your time with your daughter, I imagine you must miss her so much while she is away

Sweet P said...

It seems the women stayed very busy over the summer. I'm glad to see you're able to spend a little bit of time stitching.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

They're all really great quilts - such an inspriational group this is. I thought the first would be my favorite, then I liked Lilia's, and then the purse - who wanted to make the SunBonnet Sue? Thanks for sharing!

Ati said...

Nice to look at your blog again. Thanks for the nice photos of the show. Hope your arm is doing better now :)

Libby said...

A very lovely quilt show *s* Enjoy your DD visit - it will be a fun weekend for both.

Leanne said...

Thanks for the show and tell. Have a lovely time with your daughter. Small stitches every day make a really great stitchery.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh thank you for the show and tell today! What wonderful quilts all of them are!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful work by everyone.
They have been productive.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the nice works. What a nice way of spending time (looking at quilt books even if they are in japanese!) if you can´t sew much yourself. I hope for you that your arm heals well and fast. Take care.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing the show and tell! The quilts and other projects are terrific! I love the chicken quilt, too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails