Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Pincushion exchange

Eearlier this month I entered Angela (The Country Cellar) pincushion exchange. My swap partner was Alice from Maryland USA. I posted my pincushion for her right before leaving on my holiday and I know she got it.
And when I came home from my vacation a note was in my mailbox saying I had got a parcel that was too big to fit in my mailbox. So I had to wait until the day after to get it.

And loook..............

Alice had made me this wonderful box. I have heard about scrap booking but this must be scrap boxing. Look....it even says "May Brit's quilting tin" on it. She have decorated it with buttons, ribbons, charms, tags and even more ribbons. This is the front of the box.....
and this is the back of it.
And look at this beautiful pincushion she made. It's pattern designed by Heather Bailey (published in "Quilts & More" summer edition). I had plans making this, but now she did it for me :) And look at the pins. She even made those for me too.
And she had put some more goodies in the box too. Embroidery thread just the colours I love and an old needle book.
Thank you Alice for being my swap partner in this pincushion exchange. I love the box and the pincushion. I think I will join another exhange later, because this was fun.
Alice has stated blogging too. So please visit her blog The Quilted Giraffe and welcome her to blogland.

Saying for today:
Women and cats do as they like.
Men and dogs get used to it

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ! I'm happy for you... Alice is certainly very talented, I'm going right away to visit her blog, now ...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you have had a wonderful time away.....missed you while you were gone but thats life........like the sewing you have got completed while away and you prezzies from Alice are beautiful.........I am posting my pincushion for Robin tonight....

Nancy in Norway said...

Very nice box and pincushion. You sure are lucky :-)

Vicki W said...

What a cool surprise! That tin is really lovely.

Rose Johnston said...

What a gorgeous prezzie, i love the pincushion, people r just so thoughtful!!!

~Bren~ said...

What a beautiful parcel you received! Alice is very talented!!!

Libby said...

Such a fun swap - your pieces a wonderful *s*

Yvonne said...

Wow....you sure lucked out with such a talented and sweet partner.

Juliann in WA said...

Fun stuff. I am going to have to watch for these swaps. Looks like a lot of fun.

Darlene said...

What a delightful box and pincushion! I can imagine the smile on your face when you opened the quilting tin. What a wonderful idea. I'm going to visit her blog soon!

Unknown said...

What a lovely parcel you had waiting for you, terrific tin and that pincushion is adorabe.

Melanie said...

I love the "beasley"blocks. Your color scheme is beautiful with it.

Carole said...

Wooooooohoooooo! That is sweet! What a cute tin box and so full of goodies! Love the pin cushion. You lucky gal! Thanks for sharing!

Gerry said...

WOW, this is just the most darling little thing! The box is too cute. I just love the decorations on the handle. Your pincushion looks like a miniature chair/sofa cushion. You must be just tickled!

dutchcomfort said...

That’s some exchange! Such a lovely box and pincushion.

Wendy said...

You lucky girl to receive such a wonderful tin and pincushion, Alice is so talented. I'll be popping over to see her blog.

Finn said...

Absolutely lovely box and pincushion! What a lucky girl you are...holiday and then a marvelous surprise waiting for you..*VBS*
I'll check out her blog, thsnks for sharing it with us. Hugs, Finn

Anonymous said...

WOW you just have goodies coming all the time don't you? :-) Cute box and great pincushion.

tami said...

You are a lucky girl. That is absolutely adorable. She put so much thought into it.

Jeanne said...

What a great gift you received in the pincushion swap! Thanks for the tip about the new blog, too.

Meredith said...

What a nice gift. Thanks to the link to her blog.

Yummers! said...

You are a lucky lady to have a Swap Partner so sweet. It's all so lovely and thoughtful.
Come visit and see my new fabric.
Joni

Angela said...

Yay for Alice. I am glad you all got paired up together. She does wonderful work also. I have several of her cushies from our previous exchanges. And I love the way she did those pins. They show up well in your pictures.

Susan said...

Wow, that's the greatest! She really did a lovely job of making a fabulous gift for you. I can hardly wait to see yours in return. I swapped needlebooks only in that swap and was very happy with my partner, too.

Susan said...

That is a stupendous gift. Well deserved by you though.

Debi said...

Wonderful gift box and I love the pincushion.

Related Posts with Thumbnails