Thursday, January 28, 2010

Forgotten project

Yesterday I got to new books in my mailbox. I love getting new books. One of them is the new book from Trine Bakke and I love it. I love the way she are matching colours and fabrics I never would thought of. Such an inspiring book. But looking in this book I found a project which got me up in the attic looking for my long forgotten project box.

And I found my mini dresden plates I started many years ago. Maybe I should make this a focus project. Have to look for the fabric I have used in the circles in the middle of the dresden plate, noticed I still have two more small circles to sew on. And what about the outher border. Have to find a fabric that will highlight the mini scrap dresdens. Or do I just leave it in my box up in the attic and start some new mini dresdens ala Trine's?? Perhaps in japanese fabrics??

But first I want to stitch my finished easter rabbits together. Found some pink and light green fabrics will be perfect for this quilt. I have been clever focusing on my focus projects this week. I have also done some more quilting on my Christmas Wish quilt. So this focus on focus projects works very well for me.
Tonight: quiltmeeting in my quilt group. Looking forward to see what the ladies have made. Almost two months since our last meeting, so I guess there has been some sewing going on.
Saying for today:

Ideas are like rabbits.
You get a couple and learn
how to handle them,
and pretty soon you have a dozen
.
John Steinbeck

17 comments:

Nancy in Norway said...

Looking forward to get Trines new book my self. Love your long forgotten mini dresenplate. Have you sewn the blocks together yet? If not I would love to se this as a tablecloth with 4 by 4 blocks and the 4 extra blocks as corners in the outer border.

Maria Harrits said...

Uha, ja det er altid godt med nye bøger... skyndte mig straks at bestille "Pretty..." på amazone.com, den ser bare så lækker ud!
Dejligt med noget ny inspiration. Knus

Darlene said...

Love your mini dresden quilt - very sweet.

The Easter 'wabbits' are very cute.

Kaaren said...

You MUST finish your mini dresden plate quilt, May Britt. It is wonderful and you are sooooo close! I would definitely make it one of your focus projects because they are progressing so well.

Have fun at your quilt meeting. I always look forward to mine because all the ladies are so inspiring.

Stina Blomgren said...

Vilket fynd!!!! :o)
Älskar dina kaniner... mina SKA bli färdiga innan påsk..:o)))

Dolores said...

I would finish the little dreseden plate quilt you have. That way it will be done and you will have one less project that needs finishing. I really like your little bunnies and pink and green just seem like the perfect colours.

Jeanne said...

Love your stitched bunnies! They will make a cute little quilt.

Penne said...

I was looking at all the cute things you are working on and see where you had made the Christmas Wish quilt from Gail Pan Designs. I also made it and I am just curious how are you going or have quilted it. I was sort of lost with how to quilt it.

Annette said...

Your tiny dresdens are so adorable. I made one a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think you should finish it for sure.

Cattinka said...

Hi Mai Britt,
you really should finish your long lost Dresden plates. They are so pretty, no need to start new ones!
KATRIN W.

Sølvis blog said...

Hvis du ikke finner stoffet får du forsøke å ta ett nærmere bilde. Er det ett thimbleberries? denne blir flott.

Hanne said...

Your bunnies look great :-)
The Dresden Plate quilt deserves to get on your focus list!

Sue-Anne said...

Definately finish off your little dresdens! They are beautiful! Love the rabbits too and the fabrics you have to go with them are perfect. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

LeKaQuilt said...

ÅÅÅÅ så skjønne små mini Dresten, denne MÅ du bare gjøre ferdig :o)) Du har nå mye fint på lur, tror syrommet ditt er ett skatteparadis!

The Mesquite Toy Lady said...

I love the rabbit patterns. Could you share who the pattern is from. I'd love to order a copy. Thanks!!

Ann Marie said...

Finish the Dresdens! They are cute. And if you can't find that fabric for the two last centers, substitute something close in color. For the border, how about small inner in blue and something close to the centers for the outer border?

Pat said...

Really like those mini dresdens. Such nice work you do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails