Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer sewing guest

001

This weekend I have had my friend Hanne over for a sewing weekend.  Luckily we have had wonderful summer temperature and we have been able to spend a lot of time out on the porch.  Sewing of course.  As you know Hanne and I have had a Tour de Fibre this year too, and as usual we have prizes for eachother for well done tour.  Hanne got a big package this year; first prize for finshing many UFO’s.

002

This was my prize.  Love it!!  Can’t wait to start with these Playing with Paper Packs. And those two fabrics is pefect for my Pies and Tarts quilt.  Thank you Hanne.  You have to visit Hannes blog to see what she got in her prize package.

014

004

Hanne has been very busy sewing down the binding on her quilt this weekend.  And of course when Bjørg (no blogger) came over for a visit we had to admire this masterpiece.  It is indeed a masterpiece!!!

020

And she did finish the binding.  Well done.

015

Shrimps + white wine = SUMMER

022

We spendt a little time in the sewingroom too.

026

I have finally decided a border on my Tisket a Tasket quilt.

025

It had to be a floral border.  The swags I tried out some time ago was not my kind of border for this quilt.

028

And Rusken agreed to that.  It had to be a floral border. I like how it turned out.  I have a plan how to handquilt it.  Now I am ready to do the needleturn on the border.  I li

013

I also have a plan for these georgious fabrics.  While visiting my friend Bjørg the other day, we admired some “candy-fabric-packages” she had bought at a quiltshop. We wanted to order more of these, but as it was past closing time for the shop, we decided to go and have a look in our fabric drawers and see if we could make some “candy-fabric-packages” for eachother.  I did not think I should manage to find so many candy fabrics in my drawer, but I did. The top row is the fabrics from my drawer, and the bottom row is the fabrics Bjørg found in her drawer.  I know exactly what to do with these fabrics. Just have to have some more finishes before starting on a new project now.

032

These are my focus projects to finish this week.  And of course I will do a lot of needleturn on my Tisket a Tasket quilt.  And I am happy to have another week off from work.  Love summer vacation.

Saying for today:

1001529_513346482079414_216952732_n

14 comments:

lia said...

Love your stitchery of the owl and the pussycat!

Susan said...

I think you are having a perfect holiday at home. So much lovely stitching!

Dollandesign said...

Det tycks mig som om Du och Din väninna har haft en underbar helg tillsammans bland tyger och tråd!

Dollandesign

Gunilla said...

Så härligt! Tack för alla inspirerande bilder och tankar!
kram

Karen said...

I absolutely adore your friends red and white quilt, so stunning.

Karen said...

I absolutely adore your friends red and white quilt, so stunning.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I so love seeing what you and Hanne come up with sewing on the porch and the sewing room. I love all your ideas and your quilts. You both do such a wonderful job.

LuAnn said...

I just know you and Hanne have a wonderful time together. I love the Playing with Paper packs by Sue Daley. She is coming here to Indiana this fall, and I'm signed up for her lecture and trunk show. I like the floral border on your Tisket Tasket quilt!

Quilts And Pieces said...

You two are so inspiring! And you both do gorgeous work!

margaret said...

you have shared so much with us today.Can see you had a lovely time with your friend and her quilt is amazing.So many creative things thanks for sharing with us

Annie said...

Love the red and white masterpiece! Sewing with friends is one of my favourite things to do.

Melody said...

Sounds like so much fun together.

Ondrea said...

You and Hanne always seem to have such a lovely time togethr. A very special friendship indeed. Enjoy your times together.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've had a love weekend sewing

Related Posts with Thumbnails