Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Tour de Fibre–day 11–Love Entwined

003

Yesterday I started to sew part 1 in Esther Aliu’s BOM Love Entwined. I fell in love with this quilt when I discovered it on her blog. You all know I love to do needleturn and this quilt has an intense applique.  Ester Aliu have done a excellent job on interpretation of a historic quilt thought to be dated back to 1790. It is a free BOM, but you have to join her Yahoo group to get the pattern.  You can read more about it in her blog.

006

This is my centre compass star.  Have done a few changes from the pattern, done it my way.

004

As you see I still have to add the surrounding ring and A LOT of small circles. 

quilt

I have no idea if I am going to make the whole quilt because it is quite BIG.  But it looks amazing.

friday post

Perhaps I just make a smaller part of it.  This is a 18 part BOM and has A LOT of work on it.  I just give it a start and decide what to do while sewing.

Saying for today:

566_546217545435980_419868293_n

10 comments:

Dolores said...

I like your compass. It has a clean, non-busy look. Nice colours too.

Susan said...

A beautiful start to an epic journey.

Lynda said...

Wow - it's going to be fabulous. I also love Camelot and can't wait to see some of your blocks when you start.

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

LooksGreat. love your colours. I am still to start. Can't decide on colours.

Hanne said...

Beautiful block :-)

Annik-Snor said...

Kjempefin stjerne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

welcome to the group of us that are making this quilt! Even if you do just a part of it will be a lot of work! I haven't made the tiny circles around my compass still. I love the colors you chose.

Elaine said...

so pretty May Britt !

sewkalico said...

Love your block, but that looks like one intense BOM! I agree with you to just see how it goes :)

Ineke Original said...

It's a beauty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails