Sunday, December 02, 2007

1st sunday in advent

First sunday in advent. Only 22 days left to christmas. I have a lot of presents to sew and to buy. And I guess time will fly very fast.
I have been so lucky to receive an adventscalender with four gifts from my good friend Hanne. And I am allowed to open one each sunday in advent. I have made one for her too, but I have to post it tomorrow, so she'll open her first gift some days later.
The first one was big, the next one is smaller and the smallest is the last gift I can open :)
And this is what was inside my first .................
a Tilda stitchery :)
Thank you Hanne.
I have done a little sewing this weekend. Finished one makupbag for a girland one small bag for a boy. But forgot to take a photo of them before I wrapped them in christmas paper. And they have now left the house LOL
And I finished this little quilt today too. I have five more of this to make before christmas. All stitchery is finished, and all the fabric is cut, so I just have to move in to the sewingroom and sew.

The advent star is now shining in the window

And the first advent candle is also shining
I wish you all a peacful advent.

Saying for today is a advent poem which I have translated to english:

Tonight we light one candle
we light it for joy
It stands there shining by itself
and we who present are
Tonight we light one candle
we light it for joy.

25 comments:

Hanne said...

Enjoy your advent calendar ! I enjoyed making it to you :-)

dutchcomfort said...

How wonderful to see all the advent traditions on blogs. Some wonderful gifts from Hanne to you! I sure need to honour the advent tradition next year again. Since my childhood I never have had an advent calendar or candles anymore. Happy advent to you May Britt!

Mary Ann said...

Oh, how very lucky you are to receive such a nice calendar! ;o) We have the tradition here in Denmark with four candles, one being lit on each advent Sunday. Ours are on a "grankranse", or evergreen wreath. I love all the wonderful traditions of every country! The best of the season to you, May Britt!

Simonetta said...

Happy Advent time, Aby!

Mary Johnson said...

What a cute log cabin quilt. I like the idea of putting an embroidery block as the center.

Sweet P said...

What a wonderful idea for sharing Advent. I'll have to remember that for next year. The stitchery pattern is adorable.

We are about to get our first snowstorm of the year so tomorrow morning my neighborhood should look like yours.

Tracey in CT said...

Your little quilt is very pretty. Can you tell me what the stitchery says in English??

Marilyn Robertson said...

Such a beautiful stichery quilt, and a beautiful poem. Christmas is a time for joy!

Leanne said...

What a lovely advent gift I love Tilda stuff. I will be waiting to see it finished.

Susan said...

What fun to have such good friends. It's great when people really know your taste. I like the pattern, too. Thanks for translating the poem, too. I love the little red/white quiltlet. What a good idea with the little hearts on the corner.

atet said...

How lovely -- and thank you for reminding me that I need to find my advent wreath and candles :0).

Karrin Hurd said...

I love your stitcheries May, just the kind I love to do. I had to get Leanne's House and Journey of a Quilter after I saw your blog.

Gerry said...

It's always so fun to visit your blog. What a fun way to celebrate the coming of Christmas.

BTW, I LOVE those purple candles!!!!

Bea said...

What a cute idea! A Sunday-Advent-Calender ... well, I´ll try to swap something like this next year with my best friends .... I love packeges and I love Christmas time! Thanks for your blog. I visit you all day!

Darlene said...

What a happy post, May Britt! The first gift from Hanne is wonderful - I'll bet you're super excited about the others! :-)

Krikri said...

Jeg ønsker deg en fantastisk adventstid May Britt. Du lager så mye flott, det er så fint å innom bloggen din. Man blir glad av det.

Beertje Zonn said...

lovely log cabin quilt!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
BEERTJE ZONN

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

The Advent calendar with gifts is a great idea, well done...and a happy Advent season to you, Tracey

Libby said...

What a fun way to celebrate advent Sundays with your friend who's far away *s*

Alice said...

I'm so glad to find a fellow quilter! I enjoyed your blog today and will visit again.
alice

Unknown said...

Lucky you to get that advent calender.

julieQ said...

Such beautiful decorations. and a fun gift for Advent!

I like your stitcheries!

Julieq

Nancy in Norway said...

Isn't it fun with Advent Calender gifts even if you are "grown up"? I think so! I am even older than you! Hehehe

Patti said...

What a delightful idea - the exchange between you and Hanne. Advent is such a special time of year - the very best time of all in my opinion!

Carole said...

How sweet of Hanne to make you an advent calendar! Nice gift too! Love your stitchery! I've got to get my behind in gear! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails