Thursday, December 06, 2007

Quality time in the sewingroom

Today I and Frida have had a great time in the sewingroom. As you see she have been sleeping in her basket behind my sewingmachine all day long. When my arm was so painful so I did not manage to sew anything, she would not stay in the sewingroom. But now when I'm back there she loves sleeping in her basket.
Hanne and I have had a sewing challenge today. We agreed what to do and had a lot of reports to eachother on msn all day. My task today was to quilt these five small wallhangings, applique three hearts on each and put the binding on. And when all this was done I could start on my prize. And I manage to finishe what I had planned. So now I just have to sew the binding down. Thats perfect job in front of the tv.
And then I started on my prize. This morning I got a newsletter from Northern Quilts with a very beautiful pattern. And when I was in our local quiltshop this morning I discovered they had almost all the fabrics that was used in this wallhanging. I bought it and Hanne and I agreed later that our prize for doing all tasks today was to start on this :)
And now I have sewed the top together, appliqued on the three and the gingerbread hearts. And the writing says: Tenn et lys, sett deg ned, kjenn julefryd og julefred. In english: Light a candle, sit down and feel the christmas joy and christmaspiece. I look forward to stitch this.
And this is more work to do in front of the tv. Put buttons on and finishe all these pincushions. I have got several questions on the pattern on these. You can find it on this blog both in swedish and english. They are so fun to make.
Saying for today:
My soul is fed with needle and thread,
my body with chocolate!

23 comments:

Nancy in Norway said...

WOW
You are such a "Speedy Gonzales" starting on those new patterns you get hold off!! I'm in the starting block too!! Luv ya

Foothills Fabric & Threads said...

Gosh, you girls get a lot done, I think having a challenge buddy is a great idea. Sunday is going to be my day to finish my Christmas presents. It must have been hard on you when your arm was too sore to sew. I always enjoy reading your blog a look forward to the sayings at the end. bye for now
Sandra

Sølvis blog said...

Jøss - det var kjapt begynt på dagens postkasseglede...

Susan said...

What a great plan for your day! I love your new project - especially that heart shape. What is Hanne's prize for working today? I guess I should check her blog. =)

Patti said...

What a wonderful little wall hanging - the perfect "prize" for all your hard work. And I love the little pin cushions! What pretty fabrics you have chosen. Can't wait to see them all finished. Looks like tiny versions of the ones I made that I will gift to everyone tonight.

Sweet P said...

Wow! You did have a productive sewing day today. I like your new project.

Libby said...

The fabrics for your 'prize' project are just delightful *s*

merete said...

Her var det skikkelig julegaveproduksjon!

Leanne said...

Even though you and Hanne are not near you have a great bond. I love the wall hanging. You are so fast remember to look after that shoulder.

dutchcomfort said...

I wall hangings. I’m curious what the text says.

Beertje Zonn said...

The fabrics for your project is lovely!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
BEERTJE ZONN

Susan said...

It is good that you and Hanne could work together cyberly.........

You are moving right along with your projects.

Finn said...

Wow May, Frida looks soooo very comfortable in that basket. Wish my kitty would do that on the sewing table..*VBS*
The hard work paid off, you have gifts to give and a reward to enjoy...love the new pattern and fabrics. Enjoy! Hugs, Finn

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Sikke en aktivitet i syrummet :-)
Quiltehilsner
Angelika

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your "prize" is going to be wonderful! I love the fabrics you are going to use too.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Many days like this and you would have a stockroom full! Love all the pretties, the small heart wallhanging, and especially your new project. Great day!

Unknown said...

You are such a fast sewer there is always something new when I visit your blog, this little quilt will be beautiful.

atet said...

What a fantastic "prize" for finishing your challenge! I love that Christmas Tree wallhanging!

Carole said...

Wow! You're productive! You accomplished all that you had set out to do! Love stitchery pattern. Thank you for the pincushion link! I do hope your arm is better. I do hope you're not overdoing it with your shoulder! Keep well!

julieQ said...

Very nice little wall hangings. You do so much so fast! I love the hand-work the best, so that is my reward after "slaving away" at the sewing machine..haha!

JulieQ

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that fabric is so cute! Glad your shoulder is feeling better and that you got some sewing time in! Wooo Hooo!

Blåbærtua said...

Hei. Her var det mye fint :0) Rullet meg nedover og fant ut at jeg har vært innom deg en gange for leeeenge siden. Glad for å være tilbake igjen :0)
Jeg har ikke noe mønster på det syetuiet. Jeg kan tegne det av, brette det sånn som det skal være og sende deg det pr.post.
Du kan sende meg din adresse på mail: tina.torbergsen@lyse.net
Ha en fin førjulstid !

Anonymous said...

Hello, congratulations because your blog is very beautifull. Sorry but i don´t speak english very well
I am new in the blog world's.
My name is Aldana, iam Argentina and i am actually living in Spain.
I am very alone in Spain, i am in internet for make friends.
I love the patchwork and the country primitive style.
Bye bye!!!

http://manualidadesdealdana.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails