Friday, December 28, 2007

I must have been on Santa's nice list

I think this is the first day this christmas I've had time to relax and wear my pyjamas all day. Have had visitors every day since last saturday. So today I've enjoyed browsing through all blogs (sorry not commenting so much, but there were too many unread blogs now) Promise to be better at commenting in the new year. And I've had time to look thoroughly at my christmaspresents and get some photos of them.
Looks like Santa had put me on the nice list this year. I got soooooo many beautiful quilty presents.
Even if you don't believe me (I have been teased a lot of being so curious LOL) I managed not to open my SSCS present before christmas eve when we were all together celebrating christmas. Cherry from Cherry House Quilts was my secret santa.
And look what I got from her. A beautiful quilt made of handkerchiefs, Moda charms and a lovely journal (which my DD claimed as hers LOL). This has been fun, so thank you Donna for organizing this Secret Santa swap. I want to join next year too. Donna has posted photos of all the presents that have been sendt all over the world, so visit her blog if you want to see them.

Have you noticed I love boxes!!! And this year two of my quilt friends gave me these beautiful boxes. I love them, and they will be filled with quilt projects, thread, buttons or something like that.
This is what my DD har bought me. A bobbinsaver which I really needed, some buttons and this beautiful box which I will fill with all my thread. So now I can throw away my ugly plastic box which keeps my thread right now. She knows how to please her mother :)Nadine had made me this georgious threadholder. I love it!!!! I've already thrown away the plastic bag which was in my sewing bag. Now I can bring the thread in this purse to the next quiltmeeting. By the way Nadine..........the day you arrives to me we are going to my quiltgroups january quiltmeeting !!!!
Nancy gave me this beutiful placemat and star. And from her cat Gizmo I got a notepad. He has been very clever out bying this for me :) I love the shape of this placemat and I know I have the floral fabric somewhere in my stash. I got that from Nancys mother some time ago. So I want to make more placemats like this. If you visit her blog she have a very good tutorial of making hearts.
And look at all the other quilty goodies I got. My DS bought me Tildas newest book. I got a beautiful kit with fabrics and pattern that my friend Bjørg had designed. I got Tilda stitcheries and another pattern.
From Hanne I got this beutiful fabric (I love it!!!!) and a stitchery.
Laila had made me this beautiful little purse. I'm already using it. And more japaneese fabrics from my friends Anita and Sølvi. These fabrics will be perfect for the class I'm going to first weekend in february when Nadine is visiting me.
So it looks like I've been a nice girl this year. Lucky me receiving all these beautiful quilty presents.
I have done a little stitching these christmasdays. I'll show you in my next post.

Saying for today:
A friend is someone you feel like you've known forever,
even though you've just met
.

20 comments:

Emily said...

May Britt! I think its a case of 'you get what you give!' Lovely presents from lovely friends who has a lovely friend in you!

dutchcomfort said...

So many presents from so many wonderful friends! Enjoy!

Quilts And Pieces said...

A wonderful xmas for you indeed!

chq said...

You must have been wonderful to receive so many lovely gifts. It was fun being your secret santa. I'm glad you liked the little quilt, and fabric as well as the journal/sketch book. Lizzy made it, she actually blogged about it as a little hint, but no one was the wiser.

Happy New Year!

Cherri

Nancy in Norway said...

Så mange flotte gaver du har fått!!

Anonymous said...

You're such a good girl, that SSnta couldn't miss your house, May Britt !
Everything is sooo beautiful (LOVE those tin boxes !).
So, we have quiltmeeting on my arrival ???? My,oh My ! I'd better go to the hairdresser's LOL!

Biiiiig hugs & smiles to you !
ENJOY.....

Hanne said...

Enjoy your gifts - a lot of goodies, for joy and inspiration :-)

Susan said...

You really must have been on the nice list! What wonderful presents, but, even more important, what wonderful friends!

Chookyblue...... said...

great prezzies you are so lucky........enjoy......thanks for joining in the swap.........

Patti said...

You are so blessed because you are such a giving sweetheart!

Leanne said...

You must have been VERY good this year what lovely presents.

Janet said...

May: You clearly are on Santa's nice list and of course, you have been such a good friend to so many others. Your lovely tree has encouraged me to perhaps decorate one next year - haven't the last couple of years as family is so far away, but maybe next year and maybe a feather tree!
Have a lovely visit with Nadine, and a very prosperous and happy new year.
Janet in very stormy and snowy coastal Nova Scotia, Canada

Willeke de la Chambre said...

You must have been a very nice girl, to get so many nice presents!!! Lots of fun with everything and of course I wish you a very happy new year!
Bye from a Dutch quilter!

www.qwilleke.web-log.nl

Annie said...

Wow! I loved looking at all your quilty goodies - you definitely must have been a very good girl during the year for Santa to be so kind. I LOVED that cotton box - I love boxes too.

Kathy said...

Wow! What a wonderful Christmas you had! Enjoy your gifts!

Sweet P said...

You did get many wonderful gifts. Enjoy them all!

Unknown said...

Yes it sure looks like you were a nice girl all year.

atet said...

Well, of course you were on Santa's nice list! You're a quilter after all :0). What lovely gifts for Christmas and what fun you will have stitching in the new year!

Agapequilt said...

Happy new year from Italy
Happy 2008

Carole said...

Lovely goodies! You were quite spoiled! ;o) Keep well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails