Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The seamstress

Want to share this little story I found on net today. I have not blogged so much lately, too busy preparing for christmas. But I promise I'll be back soon, both blogging and commenting your blogs.

And my SSCS present is still not opened LOL I see soo many of you already have opened yours and there is so much beautiful in them. I'm so curious what's inside mine.

The seamstress

One day, when a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the river. When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "Me dear child, why are you crying?"The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water and she needed it to help her husband in making a living for their family.

The Lord dipped his hand into the water and pulled up a golden thimbleset with pearls
"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked. The seamstress replied "No."

The Lord again dipped into the river. He held out a silver thimble ringed with sapphires.
"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked again. The seamstress replied, "No."


The Lord reached down again and came up with a leather thimble.
"Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.
The seamstress replied, "Yes."

The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave her all three thimbles to keep, and the seamstress went home happy.


Some years later, the seamstress was walking with her husband along the riverbank, and her husband fell into the river and disappeared under the water. When she cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked her, "Why are you crying?"

"Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the river!"
The Lord went down into the water and came up with Mel Gibson.
"Is this your husband?" the Lord asked.
"Yes," cried the seamstress.


The Lord was furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!"
The seamstress replied, "Oh forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'NO' to Mel Gibson, You would have come up next with Brad Pitt. Again I would have said "NO." On the third attempt you would have come up with my husband. Had I then said 'YES' You would have given me ALL three! Lord, I'm not in the best of health and would not be able to take care of all three husbands, so that's why I said 'Yes' to Mel Gibson."

The moral of this story is:Whenever a woman lies, it's for a good and honorable reason, and in the best interest of others. That's our story and we're sticking to it.




Saying for today:

The sparkle in my child's eyes,
of wonder & delight,
shines brighter than any Christmas lights


17 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a good one...

Fabric Fanatic said...

May I love that little story! Too funny.

Anne-Grethe said...

I enjoyed this story. Thank you for sharing...

julieQ said...

Love that story! What would you do...hmmmmm

Merry Christmas!!

JulieQ

Libby said...

Cute *s*

Merry Christmas!

Katie said...

Good story!

Emily said...

Good one!

Darlene said...

Great story - really funny! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Karrin Hurd said...

Great story May!

qusic said...

what a great story,thank you!
love to visit your blog,
Merry Christmas!

Noelia said...

I like it very much, it's a good story :)

Stina Blomgren said...

Loved that one...;D

Merry Christmas!!

corry said...

Great story! May I'm curious too about what's in your present...how can you resist?

Perry said...

Funny story. Thanks for posting it.

pip said...

Det var en fin historie og moralen, ja den er god,men måske det heller ikke gør noget at få Mel Gibson, jeg kan godt lide hans film, ønsker dig en rigtig god jul og et godt og kreativt nyt år.

meggie said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas May Britt!!

Teodo said...

May thanks for the story, for the snowflakes, for the quote.......for the quote.

MERRY CHRISTMAS. BUON NATALE.
ciao ciao

Related Posts with Thumbnails