Thursday, December 13, 2007

The norwegian Nisse

Today I visited my mother at the old peoples house for a christmas party and we had so great time together. Outside one of the buildings Nissen sat waiting with his lamp. Do you want to read more about the norwegian Nisse you can look here, here, and here.
I'm still working on some christmas presents and tomorrow I'm driving to my DD school for a christmas dinner and bring her home for christmas.
I see that so many of the SSCS already have opened their christmas presents, mine is still not opened...........aren't I a clever girl LOL

I know Jodie who I sendt my present to already have opened hers. I knew she would do it so I had added a note inside saying: "I knew you could not resist opening it......" It have been so fun teasing her because she was sooooooo curious. I guess she will blog about it when she comes home from her little weekendtrip.

This is what she got from me together with some other goodies


Saying for today:


There are three stages of a man's life:
He believes in Santa Claus,
he doesn't believe in Santa Claus,
he is Santa Claus.

9 comments:

Susan said...

How nice that you had some time with your mother for the holiday. Will she be able to come to your house for the actual Christmas Day activities? No doubt you are looking forward to having your daughter back home for a while. Jodie's gifts from you are terrific!

Unknown said...

The santa is so cute sitting out there, isn´t he cold?

Chookyblue...... said...

lol.......temptation got the better of Jodie.......she told me she had opened it but I was not sure so acted vague once again.......

Thimbleanna said...

What a cute little bag! Jodie is very lucky. And how nice that you've hadsome time with your mother and will have your daughter home. Thanks for the Nisse link -- I have some little embroidery Nissen -- I need to read more about them.

*~hj~* said...

Thank you for the Norway links. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. My ancestor come for Norway and I love being connected in some small way. I even have a Norwegian name "Hjordi". So thank you...

Libby said...

How wonderful to spend time at the holidays with both your mother and daughter *s* Love seeing the little Nisse waiting patiently.

Sølvis blog said...

For ei søt lita "tupsi" - ordtaket var også bra. Fikk forresten ett passord nå som ligna fælt på romjula: roomjua

jodie said...

Hi May Britt, yes I opened my pressie, thanks so much for all those goodies!!!
Jodie

meggie said...

That bag & pincushion look lovely!
The Santa in the cold... poor thing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails