Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A day with Lynette

Yesterday I had the most wonderful day ever. Meeting Lynette Anderson has been one of my dreams for a long long time and yesterday it come true.

Thank you Lynette for inviting Hanne and me to meet you and Vince.
Lynettes designs are so wonderful and I have been collecting them (and actually made some of them too :)for a long time. I love her tiny stitcheries which have so many lovely details. And now I was joining her workshop to learn to know her designs more.
Lynette is such a generous woman and she shared all her stitching secrets with us. And this is what we was going to make at the workshop. The pattern is called "Hapiness is..."
And this was really a day in hapiness :)



Hanne is ready to start stitching.............smiling from ear to ear..........like me :)



This is one of my favorite designs, and I really have to start stitching on this. And I have decided this will be my christmas project this year. Not to finish it this year, but to enjoy stitching it in advent and during christmas.

Lynette showed us how to make tassels, and Hanne is lending her a helping hand.


And then time for some pizza. Staying there all day even a quilter has to eat.

And then some more sewing waiting for the trunkshow to start.



Lynettes lovely husband Vince helped showing the quilts during the trunkshow.








This is just some of the big quilts she showed us. I took photos of all the small cushions and bags while it was on display in Kathrines shop and I will show them in my next post.

This is what I manage to sew during the whole day. Not much, but I am now so rich on memories, laughter, smiles and vitamin Q. Spending the day with Lynette has been the most wonderful day, and thank you Lynette for being you!!! I will forever treasure this day.

And this is all the ladies that had joined the workshop this day,
and you can double and tripple the amount of ladies coming for the trunkshow.

You all know Lynettes cat Felix is appearing on several projects, and you know I love cats, so todays saying is to you Felix:
Saying for today:
Before a cat will condescend,
To treat you as a trusted friend,
Some little token of esteem
Is needed, like a dish of cream.
T.S.Eliot


10 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

What toppings did you have on your pizza?

Elin said...

Tusen takk for denne fantastiske reisa!

SewLindaAnn said...

Thank you for the pictures of the trunk show, I was delighted to see the quilts. That's great that you got to have a class with someone you admire so greatly!! I subscribed to the blog of your angel, not because I understand her language, but her pictures are so pretty.

Stina Blomgren said...

WOW... That is all I can say... Im smiling from ear to ear.. because I know how much fun you can have at these workshops... and meeting Lynette.. that must have been fantastic!! :o) SOOOO cute patterns!!! :o)
WOW...again..lol..

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds like a wonderful day with Lynette..........thanks for sharing your pics..........

Jeanne said...

Oh, you and Hanne are so fortunate to have spent that time with Lynette.
What a room of creativity that must have been. Love your saying for the day. I can hear the melody in my head from Cats. :-)

Jo in TAS said...

Lynette is a lovely lady and sooo talented. Her little appliques are always perfect! I love the bag you got to make!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and a little jealous ... all the time that you got to spend with Lynette .... WOW !!! What an awesome experience, I love her designs.
Hugs, Barb

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

What a fun day that you all had and how lucky you were to have Lynette do a workshop for you! I love her designs, too!

maria elena said...

es lo mas lindo que vi en mida...!!!!!!!!!te felicito!hyyp:pintarmatiz.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails