Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend in Tønsberg

I'm away this weekend too. Now at a meeting with the Norwegian Quilt Association planning next years annual meeting at BCC. Ladies, it is going to be a great place to meet 3rd weekend in march, so start planning this weekend already.

But of course we could not sit in the conference room all day planning, we had to do some serious shopping too. And first place we visited was Quiltefryd.

And take a look at that cute red sign below her firm sign. Love it.
It is a wonderful shop filled with inspiration, so let's take a look.



They got a lovely room for workshops in the basement.


And a wonderful inspiration "room" where we can sit down, have a cup of coffee and just get inspired of all the patterns hanging around the wall.



The next place we went to was Lines Hobby. This is also a lovely shop with a lot of inspiration.





I know I will come back and visit both these shops. They were great.

After the shop hop it was time for workshop. I was the teacher this time and I was going to show them how to make scrappy hearts. You can get a glimps of the scrappy heart quilt hanging on the wall in the background.




Never has these ladies been sooooo quiet for so long time. They were so concentrated, and during the evening/night the hearts started to pop up.



And now the main question.....did I buy something in those two shops. Oh yes......

I can show you these 5 fabrics and the package with red buttons. The rest has to be a secret, knowing Hanne, Nancy and Bente is reading my blog. Soon christmas you know :)
Now heading for breakfast, then some more scrappy heart sewing and then home sweet home.
Saying for today:
Girls just wanna have fun

22 comments:

Cattinka said...

Congratulations for beeing the tutor in this class! I envy you for beeing at those beautiful shops, I wish they were closer so I could have a look also.
KATRIN W.

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful shops..........thanks for sharing........have fun planning your gathering next year.........

siv hege said...

I cant wait for that weekend to come!!!

Anne Ida said...

Looks like a fabulous quilty weekend! Enjoy your Sunday :o)

Gudveig HN said...

Dette ser flott ut! Håper jeg kommer meg dit, men jeg frykter for at det kolliderer med turen til Pennsylvania. Synd :-|

Elin said...

3. helga i mars, greitt! Med 5 konfirmantar i nær slekt/fadder i mai, spørs det om eg har råda, men har forferdeleg lyst, trur faktisk eg MÅ. Visste ikkje at der var ein stoffbutikk til i Tønsberg-området...visst du Hanne? Quiltefryd er jo berre fantastisk, og skiltet utanfor til å dåne av! Veit du kven som har designa quilten med den svarte fulgen, i primitiv stil? Og hjarta dine slo an, det er ikkje tvil om det. Kanskje du også tek turen over Langfjella ein gong?

Annelies said...

I love looking at all these pictures.
You bought beautiful fabrics.

2ne said...

Ser ut til å ha vært en kjempekoselig syhelg. Ønsker deg en kreativ søndag :-)

Unknown said...

There are so many secrets now! I love those shops.

Gloria J W said...

May I loved the fabric. Great colous too!! I'm so glad you got the copy of the book! Didm't those shops look so cosy and full of wonderful things...oooh lovely....
Rainbow smiles... Gloria

Val said...

How fun this looks!! I love the hearts! I love everything!

LeKaQuilt said...

ååå for en herlig helg du har hatt :o) Så morro å undervise i hvorda lage så fine hjerteblokker.
Skal notere meg den helgen....må prøve å få med en slik event !

Melinda said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the buttons. Looks like you are having a great time.

Mona said...

Det ser flott ut! Gleder meg til neste årsmøte, og må nok innom Quiltefryd. Er spent på hvilke kurs som arrangeres også!

Takk for at du deler bilder med oss!

M and M plus 3 said...

Oh these shops look so devine! Thanks for the pics.

Mary Ann said...

Some nice shops, May Britt!
Love your purchases, too!!!

Teresa said...

Great pictures - just made me happy looking at them.

Stina Blomgren said...

Looks like a lot of fun !! Shopping and planning some great stuf!! :o)

suz said...

When I saw all that red fabric, I wondered how much you might have picked up! Looks like you had a great class!

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

What great shops you have there !! I'd love to visit them, for sure, too bad I'm a bit far away !!! LOL
I love the red sign, it's soo funny !!!
Thanks for sharing !
Hugs,
Sandy-

maria elena said...

que bellos trabajos May Britt..!!!un abrazo REPUBLICA ARGENTINA

TMQG said...

thankyou for showing us these quilt shops May Britt, I know all of the lovely owners and it is so nice to see their stores. Oh I just have to get to Norway one day! hugs Helen

Related Posts with Thumbnails