Monday, January 20, 2014

I’m going Olympic too

When I read Hannes post today I knew I had to reach for gold too, so I am also going Olympic. And I am joning Hanne in to training camp today,

001

The 2014 Winter Olympic is coming up in 18 days, 7. February and it ends at 23, February.  I will be at work every weekday, but my goal is to do a lot of progress on these five projects in the evenings. And during the weekends I have the whole day to sew.

I have already made january to my UFO month, and all the projects in the photo are kind of big UFO’s. My goal is to finish handquilting my Antique Sampler quilt, and to do a lot of progress on the other ones.

008009

But there is still a lot of small UFO’s in my drawer.  I have organized the drawer now.  And as you see there is a difference in the before and after photo.  So far in january I have 10 finishes.  And in between my Olympic projects I think I will work on some small projects too.  Just to perhaps one day being able to empty this drawer completely.

Now……off to day one in the training camp. 

Saying for today:

2292f5c5f9336a301145de0010d7d476

13 comments:

snigglar@gmail.com said...

Wish I have your color feeling, so nice. And so many wonderful things to finish, härlig

Hanne said...

We will have a lot of fun :-)

mary truax said...

Love the saying! Everyday is a special occasion. Looking forward to your finishes.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your training camp! I will be working on two hand projects during the Olympics and hope to make great progress with them.

Karen said...

Sounds like a great goal for you and Hanne - going for the gold :). I could just sit and look at all your projects just sitting in their sweet piles - such prettiness - the beautiful applique and colors are eye candy.
Hugs - Karen

margaret said...

You are well organised for the olympics, best of luck with these projects, we will be waiting to see photos of the finished pieces

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a fantastic idea

Mireille said...

Like tour de fibre! Sounds like fun,
hope to see your finishes,
i enjoy follow your work!

greetings
Mireille

suz said...

great idea! I'm trying to keep some goals I set for myself - oddly enough, I've found the weekend is a bit longer when I actually accomplish something! I'm inspired by you and Hanne to stitch in front of the tv and I have a great project to work on! Thanks for the idea ladies!

Christine said...

I love this idea! I know a lot of knitters who challenge themselves every time the Tour de France comes around, so why can't we quilters do the same for the Olympics? I shall challenge myself to sew at least a little every day during the event.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely!
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

Ondrea said...

You are so organised which will make life easier for you to finish things. Want to tidy my sewing room?

mascanlon said...

Goodness, I am happy with one UFO finish for the month. Ad its not even quite done, on its way back from machine quilter, I hope to bind on the long car ride, 6hrs, this weekend to visit my kids. and now you are challenging us to go for the gold...ok, one more finish id' for February!

Related Posts with Thumbnails