Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Quilting Meme

I found this on Amy's blog and it was very interesting reading. So perhaps you would like to know me better?

Have You Ever?
1. Taken a quilting class . Yes I have taken a lot of different quiltclasses
2. Paper pieced Yes I love to paperpiece. I have showed you my paperpieced star ufo before.
3. Hand quilted I prefer handquilting
4. Hand pieced I love to hand piece and most of my quilts are handpieced.
5. Created your own pattern. I have made applique patterns which I sell at the local quiltshop.
6. Published a pattern in a magazine or book. Yes in a magazine
7. Gone on a quilting retreat. I am in a little quiltgroup which goes to a cabin in the woods every first weekend in august.
8. Gone to a quilting convention. Yes we have the Nordic quilt festival every third year
9. Met someone who wrote a quilting book Yes I know several norwegian one who has written a quilt book.
10 combined your quilting with some other craft
11. Done any three dimensional quilting - like fabric origami
12. Made something using Thimbleberries fabric Yes and now I am doing Judy's quilt just using thimbleberries.
13. Made something using batiks
14. Dyed your own fabric
15. Made a landscape hanging
16 Made a New York Beauty quilt
17 Made a baby quilt
18 Made a wall hanging
19 Made a journal quilt
20 Submitted your journal quilt for viewing
21 Made a fabric postcard
22 Made a artistic trading card (ATC)
23 Exchanged artistic trading cards
24. Mailed your own postcard
25. Made a lap quilt
26 Made a twin size quilt
27 Made a full size quilt
28 Made a queen size quilt
29 Made a king size quilt
30 Donated a quilt to charity
31 Sent a quilt out to a quilter
32 Thrown away a UFO before I knew someone would take it from me.
33 Given away a UFO
34 Cut up a UFO and made something else with it
35 Ripped fabric instead of cutting it
36 Made a quilt exactly like the pattern, with no changes whatsoever
37 Done any Sashiko
38 Quilted your own quilt I have quilted all my quilts
39 Did free motion quilting I am trying to
40 Put any embroidery or beads on your quilt
41 Given away your quilt to a stranger
42 Swapped fabric
43 swapped blocks
44 participated in a round robin I got one back now in june and i love it. I have not showed it to you yet.
45 participated in an ostritch round robin
46 kept a journal about your quilting I am blogging now!!!
47 written a letter to someone who made an antique quilt
48 Made a quilt using novelty prints
49 kept a blog about your quilting
50 participated in a gift exchange
51 sent a quilting random act of kindness
52 joined a newsgroup about quilting
53 made a quilt using a pattern from quilterscache I love finding blocks there.
54 joined an online block of the month
55 made a block of the month quilt I have several unfinished BOM, I never learn
56 subscribed to a fabric of the month club Thimbleberry and Jinny Beyer
57 bought fabric at an online store
58 bought fabric from ebay
59 own more than one sewing machine Janome 4800 , Janome Jem Gold and my old Husqvarna
60 have a room dedicated solely to sewing
61 hide a fabric purchase
62 finished making a holiday gift before July
63 spent more than $200 in one quilt shopping trip
64 made a quilt using a book from the library
65 worked with someone else to make a quilt
66. joined a quilt guild I am in the board of the Norwegian Quilt Association
67 become president of a quilt guild No just a member of the board
68 taught a quilting class I teach handstitching, handquilting, applique aso Teach a lot of different classes
69 helped someone else get the quilting bug Oh Yes indeed I have.
70 taught a child to sew
71 made a Dear Jane block I started doing DJ, and have almost 70-80 blocks in one of my ufo boxes. But in the end I did not like my choise of fabric. So now it's an ufo. May be I find it and take a look. Or perhaps anyone want my DJ blocks?
72 Made a miniature quilt I love miniatures
73 subscribe to a quilting magazine from your own country
74 subscribe to a quilting magazine from another country Australian patchwork & Quilting
75 buy fabric from another country
76 swapped completed quilts with someone else
77 asked for quilting help online YES and you are all so supporting
78 gone to a quilt shop to ask for quilting help on occasion
79 bought fabric at a local quilt shop I got the best quiltshop in Norway where I live
80 traveled more than 100 miles to go to a quilt shop I have arranged several trips to quiltshops in Norway for my quilt group.
81 used nontraditional fabric for a quilt - something other than cotton or flannel
82 made a quilt using instructions given to you on a blog Have started now on Judy's quilt
83 make comments on someone's quilting blog
84 meet a quilter in person after only having talked online
85 had a quilting retreat in your home
86 own quilting software I got EQ5 but have never used it
87 made a quilt you designed on your quilting software
88 done any quilt research - history, interviewing quilters, etc. I love quilthistory
89 had any quilt related subject published anywhere
90 donated a quilt to a museum
91 bought a quilt from a thrift store
92 made a quilt using fabric from a thrift store
93 made a quilt using photos
94 made a pastel quilt
95 made a quilt using brights
96 made a quilt using ethnic fabric from another country - African, Asian, etc.
97 made a quilt using leftover blocks from other quilts
98 had your quilt in a magazine, newspaper, newsletter, TV, etc.
99. submitted your quilt to a quilt show
100. won any ribbons with your quilts
101 had more finished quilts than UFOs What a stupid question LOL
102 made a quilt using reproduction fabrics
103 took a break from quilting that was longer than a year
104 made money with your quilting I have sold a few quilts
105 had a job in the fabric / quilting industry

This is me. And I would love to know YOU better, so please copy this if you want and bold those that you have done!

2 comments:

bingo~bonnie said...

I just found this on Nancy's blog and did it over at mine.... I enjoyed your comments after each one you bolded - I even laughed out loud when I read your comment after question #101!!!! LOL ~Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Neat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails