Monday, October 23, 2006

Thank you all

Thank you all for your supporting comments. I had no idea it would make so many of you comment this. It made me feel better. But I have to admit that the comment from Lillibeth did not bother me at all.......just a little bit. I know one thing for sure, she is not a quilter. Because I know that a quilter can't be so mean. All the quilters I have learned to know during my time as a quilter are sweet loving persons. And I still belive in that. You are great friends. Love you.

I got one comment I want to share with you all. It was from Nadine. She said: "About the poem : you are just right ! How can some people be so mean and bitter ? I bet she's thin and dry as an old green bean...... whereas we are "roundy" , smiling, cute (English speaking) tomatoes, which is far better and tasty ! (why do I always need to think about food ??? Argggggg .... LOL)"
This comment made me giggle. I sat in my office and laughed and laughed with tears in my eyes. Thank you Nadine. You made my day. ( I got her permission to show you her comment because she mailed it to me privatly)

I want to show you something quilty in this post too. Here a picture of one of my quilts that I like to wrap around me when I am sitting in my chair and feeling cold.....or sleeping in front of the tv. It is made of flanell and I just LOVE it.


Here is the other one. Also made of flanell. This was fun and easy to make. And I think I want to make another one too in other colours. But this time with wool batting inside. That one will be much warmer. I used too thin batting in this one. But I love this one too. Now, back into my sewingroom.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty - I keep fogetting to photograph my couch quilts...

His Office, My Studio said...

I am a tomato too. Great Quilts!

Nina In Norway said...

You have sais it yourself: Friend are like warm quilts to warm your heart. You got a lot of friends, and a lot of beautiful quilts. Even if you got a load of quilts (witch you have)you got even more friends. Dont even start counting. We all love you.

Patti said...

Ooohhh - I love the nine patch and snowball with the appliquéd flowers!

meggie said...

Hi May Britt! Thankyou for visiting my blog!
I just love all your quilts, & love the way you write about everything.

As to Lillibeth..... Poor thing!

You special spot looks so nice too- I am afraid mine is a big mess! My GOM does not like to look at it!
And if a visitor sits there... I just seem to wander about, or perch on the very edge of the chair!

Melzie said...

I love that pink quilt :)

May Britt, I love reading the blogs of you ladies abroad and around the world, I get the biggest smile on my face even when your (and others') English is not perfect, I feel like that is how you would really sound, I feel thats a real look at how we'd visit together :) Heck I've lived her 32 years (since birth LOL) and my English is far from perfect! I say Aint! and I am fixing to go to the store (not proper at all!) You sound perfect dont change a thing :) xoxo melzie

Sweet P said...

Very pretty quilts. I bet they keep you plenty warm. I think your English is good, a lot better than some of the resumes I see come across my desk.

Libby said...

Very nice -- flannel quilts really do make good cuddle in front of the tv friends.

Cynthia said...

very nice quilts May Britt. I especially like the nine patch one with the flowers.
Would you mind if i use that design to use up some of the nine patch blocks from the swaps i have?

Linda C said...

I loved seeing the picture of you in your favorite chair and no wonder you like to cuddly under those two quilts--they are wonderful. Good job on those appliqued flowers too.

Don't worry about the English, May Britt. You are doing fine--trust me, we can figure out exactly what you mean from the context of the sentence. And who doesn't make typos, now and again?

Gerry said...

May, your quilts are lovely. Only a quilter or other true artist can appreciate what goes into one.

And just remember, if someone is that 'nasty' on the outside, feel sorry for them. They are worse on the inside and they're stuck living with it!

Angie said...

Oooh no wonder you love them....they are both wonderful! I especially like the one with the applique flowers, but I love any quilt made out of flannel.

Julia said...

I love all your quilts...you do beautiful work.
as for THAT comment on your blog,
May Britt just let it go...that person needs to get a "life"
I enjoy your blog...
Big hugs

Finn said...

Hi May, Love the quilts, especially the second one..the tumblers. You've done a lovely job on both of them. I can just see you(from your favorite spot picture) all snuggled in your lovely quilt.
All of your many pieces of applique are beautiful. I so love it, but don't do much.
I had to scroll down and see what had happened with the comment and then read your poem. You did an EXCELLENT job of putting what it says into english. Each day is a brand new day, with no mistakes in it..*VBS* From Anne of Green Gables.
Apparently that person has a mean spirit of a hardened heart. I don't understand cruelty..and I think I never will. I'm leaving an extra big hug for a very sweet gal Hugs, Finn

MARCIE said...

I love all your darling applique blocks! And the pink 9-patch is wonderful! I love checking in to see what you are working on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails