Sunday, July 29, 2012

I love red

004

I have told myself that the next coming days I will make some small items each day for the upcoming marked  that starts aug 9th.  So this morning I made some bookmarks.

001

Then there was time to rotary cut some squares in red for my Red Home quilt.

002

Now the two first blocks are finished.

003

And I have prepped two new blocks.

005

This evening I will have focus on this headless Santa (the fourth block of Scandinavian Christmas).  My goal is to applique these pieces and try to get a head on him.

010

What inspired me to have some more focus on SC, was the mailbox surprise I received yesterday.  Ulla had sendt me a Scandinavian Christmas inspired surprise.  Thank you Ulla.

004005

And look, more inspiration have arrived in my mailbox.  Lynette Anderson had a giveaway on her blog.  And I won a signed copy of her Christmas book.  I love it!!!!  There is so many projects that I want to start.  So I guess when the marked is closed, I have to trace some stitcheries from this book as I don’t have enough projects to work on LOL

Saying for today:

I wish we could put up some
of the Christmas spirit in jars
and open a jar of it every month.
 
~Harlan Miller

5 comments:

Hanne said...

Well done on all your projects :-)

~JoAnn~ said...

Hi~ I too love Red and love your red squares. I would love to learn to quilt but I am always afraid to start something and ruin it. I also would love to do applique but also don't know how to do that. Maybe I should just try it one day and see what happens. Love the bookmarks you are so busy and get so much done.
Blessings,Joann

Ondrea said...

You constantly amaze me with all the projects you get done. They are all so lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Houseelf said...

So glad you liked the SC parcel. Your bookmarks are very pretty. I hope they sell well. Lovely red block progress.

Ulla said...

The SC gift from melanie and me worked as it was meant, inspired you to keep on working on the quilt. The red quilt looks very pretty, and there must be great projects in the new book you won.

Related Posts with Thumbnails