Sunday, July 01, 2012

Tour de Fibre 2012 – An old one and a new one

Day 1:

Sunday + rain = spending time in the sewingroom + watching Tour de France. A perfect day.

008

Yesterday I showed you some quilts that was ready to be quilted. And today I decided to begin with the Angel among us quilt. It was finished last year, but not basted until recently. I have always been sceptical about machinequilting around the stitcheries. Now I decided to give it a try and using a thread that blend into the background I think this will work.

001

Yesterday a new book arrived in my mailbox. Natalie Birds book Red Home. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT. Have decided to make the big quilt and will start working on it in a couple of weeks.

003

But first I have to make this cute little coin purse. There is so many wonderful small projects too in this book. And know I will make more small projects from this book.

007

Relaxing with stitchery while watching Tour de France is a perfect day. Enjoy your sunday sewing.

If you want to join us on our Tour de Fibre, just tell me and I list you in my bloggroll for Tour de Fibre.

Saying for today:

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
Michael Jordan

15 comments:

Radka said...

I know how you feel about machine quilting around stitcheries. I quilted in the same way "Tail feathers" quilt and it worked out ok, although not at all sure to start with.

Wendy said...

That looks like my kind of book all reds and white. Enjoy your day stitching. I do cross hatch quilting over my stitcheries

jofridsquilt said...

dndamentYour quilt looks wonderful. Would like to see it finished. I have my "Glædelig Jul" waiting for me to quilt it. Hope to get it done before christmas:-)
I also want to partsipate in tour the fibre. I would not be able to blog every day, as we are going to stay in our cottage for shorter periodes. I have no television and no elektrisity there. Hope that is ok. Hugs Jofrid

TLC said...

I'm a Dear Jane friend of Hanne. My blog is new and I'm still learning. I have participated with the Tour de Fibre for the first 2 days. I heart your "Red Home" book!
tlcquiltsandwalks.blogspot.com

sjoko said...

I have also been sewing today, but I didn't look at the tour ----- "de fibre sans tour" ?

Siri Tullerusk said...

I have just posted my first Tour de Fibre in my blog, and hope to be able to participate every day :)
http://siritullerusk.blogspot.com

Siri Tullerusk said...

I have just made my first Tour de Fibre entry in my blog, what a great idea from you and Hanne!
http://siritullerusk.blogspot.com

Emma said...

Since I quilt late into the night anyway, watching the Tour at the same time just makes sense! So I've decided to join in, too.

Lorraine said...

I have been stitching while watching the Tour...but in my part of the world I have to sit up until the early hours of the morning to watch....by the end of the three weeks I am really tired!

FIONA said...

How gorgeous is the Red Home book??? I love it and I'm sure you will too! What a great idea to stitch the Tour!! I would join in but will be away for a few days so probably won't get to blog ... but I will watch along with great interest!! Happy Tour to you and everyone competing and thanks for sharing all the bag story bloggers - it was fun to look and see what everyone had been doing! Have a great day May Britt! xx

Hanne said...

Happy stitching and good speed every stage of the Tour de Fibre :-)

quiltygal said...

Love the quilting I still can't get the hang of machine quilting anything more than straight(ish) lines :)book looks great enjoy your stitching

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love the photo of your stitchery in front of the bikes...so fun!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

I'm sure your Angel among us quilt will be great! This new book looks wonderful, it seems to have beautiful projects in it :)

Susan said...

Love the last photo - time well spent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails