Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tour de Fibre–organizing

Day 15:

Having summerholiday means relaxing and I think Rusken likes it very much having me home the whole day. 

003

Like this morning when he was helping me to check out your blogposts.  He loves sitting besides the computer and somethimes he even try to write walks on the keyboard.

004

Having summer vacation means that I have time to do things I have delayed for a long time.  Like organizing my sewing space.  I have looked through boxes, paperbags, drawers and shelfs and organized.

005

All the sewing the last weeks months had made my sewingroom a total mess.  And I got inspired of all bloggers that showed their organized sewingrooms.  I really needed a organized sewingspace now, especially since I am getting a visitor on thursday.  Could not let her see the mess I had in my sewingroom.  Guess who’s coming for a visit LOL

007

Some fabrics that I do not like, some old projects that I never will finish and old patterns that I never will sew ended in the trashcan.  And I do not regret it at all. 

006

But doing this I also found some treasures.  Things I had forgotten all about and those are now safe in boxes.  This block suddenly appeard among some papers.  It did not go into the project it was ment for, but I think it is beautiful.  I also found some squares among other fabrics. 

008

I started to sew the fabrics together

010

and voila, in just 30 minutes I had finished this pillow top.  The backing is in the washing machine so I have to finish the pillow tomorrow.

Saying for today:

For those who are willing to make an effort,
great miracles and wonderful
trasures are in store.

Isaac Bashevis Singer

8 comments:

Karmen said...

Lovely pillow top! And now you have inspired me to get into my sewing room and clean up. Karmen

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I am happy to know I am not alone with the mess ... Your cleaned up sewing room looks spectacular and inspiring. It is a good thing Rusken could help you. The pillow top looks really sweet!

enjoy your visitor this week!

Becky said...

I'm sorry to hear those items made it into the trash can... remember "one persons trash may be anothers' treasure!' My quilting friends and I will occasionally have a swap of such items and it's grand fun waiting to see what you will get. Just an idea.

Sandra Coleman Clarke said...

Hi, You mention Ruskin a lot but didn't you have another cat or am I dreaming???? Glad you have some time off. Have fun.

Nigella from Nigeria said...

Ooii, you've won a book! Lucky May!

Chookyblue...... said...

your sewing area is looking very organised.......enjoy your visitor.........

jofridsquilt said...

Jammen har du det flott på syrommet. Skulle tatt eit tak eg og. Klem Jofrid

Wendy said...

Rusken is so cute and I bet doesn't want you to go back to work. Nice job on a cleaner sewing room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails