Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Christmas gift challenge

025

Last Christmas my friend Bjørg gave  a challenge as her Christmas gift to me and some other friends.  Some fabrics, embroidery floss and a big button.  We could add or remove something from the gift.  The challenge was to make what ever we wanted and show it this summer. 

001

And yesterday I made this cute sewing purse.  Have to admit that  I am really pleased with it.  I have used all the fabrics from the challenge, I just added the background fabric and the stitchery.  The stitchery is a free pattern and you can find it here.

003

I even made a little pocket inside the purse to keep my scissor and needles.  Had to handstitch it down because I did not want the seams to show on the front.  This is one purse I will use all the time.

004

Two days left of my summer vacation.  Going to spend them in my sewingroom.   Plans for today is to make small purses and to use every piece of the fabrics that are left from the Christmas gift challenge.   As you see I have already added some other stticheries and background fabric.

Saying for today:

Friends are flowers than never fade.
~ Anonymous

9 comments:

Susan said...

Lovely purse, you have really met the challenge. Little stitched birds always look good. X

Gra said...

Nice work! Such a pretty purse, I am sure you will use it a lot.

Anne-Grethe said...

Kjempeflott pung til "småting". Dette løste du brilliant, May Britt!

Jeanne said...

Great finish for the challenge! Enjoy your last days of vacation.

sjoko said...

Hvor er den nydelig !!! Skal på syrommet å herge litt nå :O)

Hanne said...

Den ble fin :-)

Solveig Bloch said...

Så artig å se så fin denne ble. Nydelige stoffer du fikk bruke.

Jannette said...

I love that bag, and the stitchery gives just the right finish to it.
What did you do with the button?

quiltygal said...

Wow you have been so busy in the Sewing room ....looks as if you have enjoyed your holiday break you will need to go back to work for a rest !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails