Monday, July 16, 2012

Tour de Fibre–chicken soup

Day 16:

While organizing my sewing room another WISP appeard in a box.  Many years ago this pattern came and I started to sew it at once.

001

When I found it i the box, it was already basted and I had started to handquilt it.  I had handquilted around all the chicks, but now I unpicked it and started to machinquilt it instead.

002

The colours I have used in this is the colours I loved many years ago, but they are perhaps not the colours I would have chosen today.  So why not play a little with machinquilting and see how it turnes out.

And I have a lot of finishes today, but have to show them tomorrow.

Saying for today:

What the hen said when she saw
the scrambled eggs......
my children are all mixed up!

9 comments:

Hanne said...

Fun chicken soup :-)
I had this pattern some years back and used it as a gift.

Sheila said...

I am sure it will be lovely when you get it quilted and you just may fall in love with it again :-)

Pam said...

What a wonderful quilt, I really love it.

Ondrea said...

Gorgeous chookies there May! I actually love those colours you chose and I particularly love chooks. We all grow and change our preferences as we cruise through life and our crafts. It looks fantastic. Well worth completing.

Siri Tullerusk said...

Amazing what turns up during cleaning and organizing :-) Cute quilt !

Andrea said...

I was sorting through my fabrics yesterday and realised that a lot of fabric I bought years ago ( very similar in style to yours on this quilt ) are not what I would go for these days. I am tending to look for lighter, brighter more modern stuff these days. Good for you for not giving up on this quilt xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

This looks like a fun quilt May Britt...

Irene said...

Kjempefint, du får jammen ting unna deg:)

Houseelf said...

Lovely! Isn't it strange how our tastes evolve? I think it is well worth finishing this lovely.

Related Posts with Thumbnails