Friday, May 14, 2010

Quiltsafari again

Today was the big quilt safari day. Hanne, Bente and I visiting two quilt shops (a trip similar to the quiltsafari we had one year ago). First stop was Fabrikkutsalget. They had a lot to choose from.






I just adore this crazy hen up in the shelf among all the fabrics. I regret not buying this one LOL. Only two pieces of fabric (pink of course) came home with me from this shop.

Next stop Quilteliv. She have moved her shop from a tiny room to this wonderful comfortable shop. I really enjoyed visiting her shop now.





In this shop I found some fabrics which I am going to make a little bag from. Not quite the colours I inteded to buy, but my two good friends convinced me that I really ought to step out of my safe corner and make something with blue fabric.

Saying for today:
Several excuses are always
less convincing than one.


13 comments:

2ne said...

Regner med dere hadde en fin dag. I morgen har Karin på Stange åpent også om dere skulle bli fritet til mer shopping..... God helg.

Mary Ann said...

Ah, just my kind of safari!!!!!

annika said...

Vilka underbara tygbutiker ni har. Tycker att det är ont om dem här i Sverige. Du kanske har koll på var det finns några bra med ett rikligt sortiment här?
Kul att ha en hel helg med likasinnade.
Ha det gott
annika

Anne-Grethe said...

Her var det mye lekkert i hyller og reoler. Skulle gjerne vært med...

jo said...

In what city are situated your stores?
There is beautiful original fabrics(tissues)

Teresa said...

Always fun to see pictures from shops in your area. In the first picture, what is the "dress" in the center of the picture used for. I can see it has a big pocket.

Sara Casol said...

Hello May Britt,
I think "quiltsafari" is one of most fantastic words I've ever heard! Here in Italy we are absolute beginners in quilting, and so we have so much to learn from quilters all around the world! Thank you for sharing with us
hugs from Padua, Italy

Grethe said...

Fine bilder,gøy å se! Begynner å spare litt mye cash,jeg da!!For 12 juni skal NBQL på sommertur til Fabrikkutsalget:-)Gleder meg(nye UFOer i sikte)!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a fun time.......I know that you had an awesome weekend.
It would be worth the plane ticket to share the adventure with you.

Carole said...

Thanks for the tour! The shops are lovely! I enjoy looking at various quilt shoppes around the globe! Cheers!

Janet said...

What lovely shops. I love the hen too and would have trouble leaving it there. Your fabrics are very nice.

Radka said...

Oh, what a shop, I would like to visit!

Christine said...

I always think your shops look so nice in Norway. And that chicken is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails