Sunday, August 19, 2012

Not as planned :)

001a

The project I started yesterday was going to be the travel document holder from Anni Downs book  Some Kind of Wonderful.  But then I came across this tutorial and my head started to spin.

001

And today it ended up like this.  A two zippered pouch….

002

that can keep my passport and travel documents.  I am really happy with the way it turned out, altough I know there will be a few changes if I make another one. 

Which I know I will, because I love this two zippered pouch and I think it would be perfect as a project bag if I make it bigger so it can store my embroidery hoop.  Note to myself; have to buy more zippers.

Saying for today:

576762_402260076479214_1432999783_n

9 comments:

Gra said...

OMG!!!! I love it!!! And thanks for sharing the tutorial!!

Karen said...

The bag is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Great project. Anni's designs are so adaptable.

Satu said...

Looks very useful pouch! I must check that tutorial too!

Hanne said...

Den ble søt :-)

Lynda said...

What a clever idea! It is wonderful May Britt.

sewkalico said...

Love this!! It looks so useful! I could do with one for all the family passports. Very clever!

Houseelf said...

What a great tutorial. I was in a camping shop the other week and saw a bag with a whole line of these zips in rainbow colours but only a few of them had pockets attached. I didn't buy the bag because I thought I would forget which were the real pockets. Thank you so much for the inspiration. Your zip- bag looks wonderful and is more practical than the wallet idea when traveling.

Solstitches said...

I love this pouch and what a great idea to combine Anni's design with the zipper tutorial.
Thanks for the link. I'm adding it to the long list of things I'd like to make.
Margaret

Related Posts with Thumbnails