Thursday, November 27, 2008

Christmas meeting in our quilt group (long post)

Today was the last meeting this year in our local quilt group. Tradition is that every one brings a little present and put it into this santa bag. And during the meeting we get one package each. It is always fun to see what is in the packages. I got some christmasfabrics and gingerbread buttons this year.

And then it was time for Show and Tell.
Bjørg and I showed our Angel Storybook quilts. Of course (as usual) Bjørg is the speedy one and her quilt is finished. I still have to baste and quilt mine. Tried to sneak my quilt down in Bjørgs bag to let her finish it for me, but she is not easy to trick.........so I guess I have to do it myself. I see now that I want to add a border like her around my quilt.

Four girls showed the lovely bags they had made. The design is from one of the girls in our quilt group. Big bags to carry all their projects.

And this quilt is a "warming quilt" that is going to be given to long term deseased children project. We also showed the three quilts we made at the cabin (a post earlier this month). I did not get a photo of it.
January 17th I am arranging a BIG SEWING TOGETHER here in Elverum where we are going to make more "warming quilts" If anyone of you norwegian girls nearby Elverum wants to join just give me a sign and I give you more information. You are all invited.


A beautiful christmas table cloth. Do you notice all the blocks in the background???
Keep reading and you will see what they are furhter down.

A colourful quilt with hearts.

A beautiful christmas baltimore wallhanging.

A cute adventcalendar. I got this pattern and wanted to make it for this christmas, but I guess I have to wait for next christmas LOL Times is running too fast right now.

And I guess there will be a lot of table runners in the christmaspackages this year. Take a look at all these beautiful table runners.









And then there is those blocks in the background.

Next year we are going to celebrate our 10th anniversary in the local quiltgroup and we are going to make a flowerquilt for our big lottery. Look at these beautiful flowerblocks that are made. It will be a wonderful quilt.
Some closeups of the flower blocks.



Saying for today:
Count the night by stars, not shadows,
count your life by smiles, not tears.

22 comments:

Hanne said...

Thanks for sharing all those lovely photos !!
I'll be there in January :-)

Nancy in Norway said...

Looks like you had a good quilt meeting and a lot of show and tell.

Chookyblue...... said...

Love all the beautiful sewing here......

Joy said...

Love the 'warming quilt', it's so bright and cheery ... if I only lived closer I'd join you in January to make some with you ;o). Your Angel quilt looks so great, I can't wait to see it finished.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Joyce said...

Hanne, Looks you had a wonderful meeting. The ladies are all so very talented! Could you tell me if there is a pattern available for large bags? They look great!
Thanks Joyce
joycee 2561 at yahoo dot com

Joyce said...

Sorry Helen, I called you Hanne. My fingers were talking faster than I could type.

Laila said...

Hi. Seems you had a great meeting.The blocks are sooo beautiful.

Renee said...

those flower blocks are fantastic - that is going to be one wonderful quilt!

Julia said...

What beautiful work you have all produced - a very talented group of ladies:0)

Anonymous said...

Loved the post. You must have so much fun at these meetings. I can't get the image of the Christmas Album out of my mind - just awsome.

Julie said...

Lovely work girls. Looks like you have a very active and talented group.

Unknown said...

So many beautiful quilts there, thank you for sharing. The flower blocks are gorgeous.

Teresa said...

Thank you for sharing all the lovely pictures. The flower quilt is going to be outstanding. Be sure to let us know when you have the lottery for the quilt - I want to buy some chances.

Sølvis blog said...

Nydelige blomsterblokker. Dette teppet vil jeg gjerne vinne, håper du sier fra når og hvor vi kan kjøpe lodder

Desiree said...

Hei! Som Joyce, elsker jeg veskene de fire damer har lagt! Dersom det er mulig å kjøpe oppskriften hører jeg gjerne om det. Takk!

Cathy said...

Wow!! Impressive work! Thanks for sharing!! Cathy

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful work from all the ladies !
(Elisabeth is looking GREAT ! Please, give her a big HUG from me ;>)
That lotery quilt will be so special, too ...

XOXOXOXO
NADINE

Carrie P. said...

Those are some beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Busy Thimbles said...

I just love the Baltimore quilt. I have always wanted to make one. A machine embroidered one is a close as I have got so far. Not enough time!
Annalisa

pepperkverna said...

A lot of beautiful stuff! Hege

Karen said...

Love the flower blocks. That will make a wonderful quilt.

Leanne said...

So many beautiful projects thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails