Sunday, August 16, 2015

Cabin trip with “Trådsnellene”

P1090561

For the first time in many year all “Trådsnellene” (the name of our quilt group) was able to join the fall long weekend reatreat at the cabin.  We have had such wonderful weather all weekend.  Been able to sit outside every day. Lot of laughter and chitter chatter.

P1090563

This year I did not bring my sewing machine.  Focus this weekend was my Stonefield blocks and handquilting on my Aunt Sarah quilt.  Out in the sun all day long, relaxing and just enjoying life.

P1090568

We had a lot of wind most of the days so we had to keep all our small pieces safe.  My blocks was several times hanging in a thin thread LOL. 

P1090570

Other girls had brought their sewing machines, and when the sun got to hot or the wind got to strong for my blocks outdoors, I spendt my time indoors with them.

P1090577

Time for some photoshoots.  Mette sewed a lot of these blocks during the weekend.

P1090581

Aud finished up several of these beautiful tablemats.

P1090583

Åse finished this beautiful table runner.

P1090584

Kjerstin worked on these tablemats.  Love the eyes of the owls.

P1090587

Anne Britts christmas table runner

P1090591

Mette is sewing tablemats for Christmas.

There was several other projects too, but when the photoshoot started a lot was already packed out in the car.  We always forget to take photos before packing.

P1090589

I finished six blocks for my Stonefields quilt.  Had planned to glue a lot of hexagons, but that was too boooooooring to do LOL  So relaxing to just do needleturn applique.

P1090585

But I handquilted my daily threads on my Aunt Sarahs quilt.  I am almost half way done with the quilting. It is a great idea to andquilt a few threads in the morning and a few threads in the evening.  Doing it this way my arms is still good, and I see the progress.

This has been a wonderful weekend with friends.

Saying for today:

38c746726b53990fedaaeb04fbfb3c35

8 comments:

paulette said...

WOW!! Some amazing projects!! Love them all!! Do you know the name of the large Hexagon quilt block! It's stunning!!

Birthe Marie said...

Så koselig med hyttetur, og her var det laget mye flott. :-)

Susan said...

Sounds like a wonderful and productive weekend. Love your Stinefields blocks and Aunt Sarah, both coming along so well.

margaret said...

I cannot think of a nicer way to append a weekend than with somw good friends all stitching together and enjoying the company, lots of wonderful makes too

Ondrea said...

You all achieved so much on your retreat to the cabin. I would welcome some sunshine here at the moment. Such lovely projects you ave all done. Love those owl placemats. Good to see friends having such fun together.

Charo said...

What a beautiful place for a sewing retreat!
But, why do you say it's fall? We are still in summer, until the 23rd of September!

CecileD said...

Oohh !! These are wonderful moments to share one passion !! Thank you for the photos !
I saw wonderful projects.....
Hugs ! :)

TLC said...

What a lovely time and as you say so much "Vitamin Q!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails