Tuesday, December 27, 2011

More Christmas gifts

I had two BIG finishes this month, but could not show it until my DD and DS had opened their Christmas gift.  I guess you have seen some blocks called Svennebrevet on my blog.  They was to be included in to big quilts.

001

One in brown and blue for my DS

003

And I found a lovely brown backing.  I did not shoot a photo of him opening his gift, but he was very happy to receive it.

004

For my DD Imade one in pink and red with a touch of green,

006

and I used a pink floral fabric for backing.  Both quilts are longarm quilted by Merethe.  I have never been able to do this quilting on my little Janome sewingmachine.  The quilts are BIG and Merete quilted them in just a couple of days and I had yards by yards of binding to do.

022

My DD was so happy with her quilt and it is already in use in her bedroom.

024

I got a lot of wonderful presents from my children

025

family and good friends. As you see there is a lot of quilty presents so it looks like I have been on Santas nice list.

Spending time these Christmas days watcing old Christmas movies and stitching, until I got an SMS on the phone asking how much I had done on my homework on the antique sampler project……………..I tell you more in my next post.

Saying for today:

There's a star up in the sky,
but the light is in our eyes.

Linda Pointdexter

9 comments:

Hanne-Kristine said...

Så nydelige og forskjellige de ble. Det e heilt utrolig hva fargevalg utgjør :) Heldige e dine barn som får så flotte tepper. Her ligger mye kjærlighet og arbeid. Ønsker deg og dine ein fortsatt riktig god julehøytid og et godt nytt år.
Hanne-Kristine

Hanne said...

Your quilts looks great! I am curious how the one I have started will turn out. Very different colour wise :-)

Chocolate Cat said...

What beautiful quilts they are and what special gifts. You have got some lovely presents yourself, you must of been very good!!

De said...

The quilts are stunning! And lovely gifts you received too.

Karen said...

Your quilts are beatiful. What special gifts they will be. I love your labels. Would you share your pattern?

Elisabeth Solum said...

Skjønne tepper du har laget!
Fortsatt god jul! :)
Klem Lisa

Katie said...

Beautiful quilts! Merry Christmas!

Bodil said...

Flotte julegaver - både de du har gitt og de du har fått! Ha en fortsatt fin julefering.

Stina Blomgren said...

Helt underbara blev dem!!! :O) Vilka julklappar!!!:O))

Related Posts with Thumbnails