Saturday, December 31, 2011

Summary of 2011

January

januar

As you all know my Christmas gift 2010 from my children was Rusken.  So in january when it was SO cold outside we just stayed inside.  Had to teach him how to be a quilters cat, and he was a fast learner.  He loves to cuddle up in in my quilts, and we was having a great time in the sewingroom.

February

februar

Not much happening in the sewingsroom. But I manage to sew a new weekendbag.   I love this bag and have used it a lot.

March

mars

Big happening in march when I went to the Norwegian Quilters Associations annual quilt meeting in Tromsø.  We had a lot of fun and got a lot of inspiration from the shop who was attending.  And have to admit a lot of fabric, kits and patterns came home with me.  Some wonderful days with good friends, and I have already bought the plane ticket  and reserved hotelroom to go to Bergen in march 2012

April

april

I got to meet Sue Daley!!!!!  How fun is that. She gave us al so much inspiration and I have started several of her projects.  Have I finished them???   Nope…..but I have to before september when she is coming back to Norway. 

May

mai

Started to sew on the to Christmasgifts for my children.  Two big quilts called “Svennebrevet” (design Lappemakeriet).  And I got a lot done when we had our quilt weekend at the cabin.

June

juni

At this time I got the big UFO-agony.  Counting my projects and planning which one to give focus.  And I really manage to stay focused and ended up with 8 finishes this summer.  And my DD moved back home from school.

July

juli

I started my Tour de Fibre and tried to blog every day along with Tour de France, but then horror struck Norway with the  bombing in Oslo and killing out on Utøya.  At times like this I am glad I have my sewing.

August

august

Another visit to the cabin with good friends.  Still focusing on old projects.

September

september

My Quilt Guild went on a fun and inspiring quilt trip to Tønsberg.  We had so much fun and I know the ladies had a great day filled with vitamin Q.

October

oktober

Was a sad month for my family.  My mother passed away.  She was the one who inspired me to do all kind of sewing, knitting aso.  And I miss her so much.  But I smile when I think about all the good memories we have together.

November

november

Another trip to the cabin.  This time we had no electricity for a whole day, not possible to stitch in the light of candles.  But luckily it came back and we got a  lot of sewing done.

December

desember

A lot of secret sewing for the SSCS and christmas gifts for my children and then baking Christmas cakes with my friend Hanne.  Spending time with my family is the most precious for me.  We got to celebrate two Christmas Eve’s this year, because my DS and his girlfriend was going on a vacation, leaving on Christmas Eve, so we celebrated one weekend earlier.

I want to wish all my visitors

A HAPPY NEW YEAR

An I look forward to see you all in 2012.

Saying for today:

Cheers to a new year
and another chance for us to get it right.
  ~Oprah Winfrey

23 comments:

Nancy Anne in the Finger Lakes said...

I'm so looking forward to another year of your posts, May Britt! Happy New Year!!!

Robin said...

I enjoyed going through the year in pictures with you. It looks like you have some great quilt related outings and friends. Have fun quilting in 2012.

Darlene said...

A very productive 2011 May Britt - many lovely things from your hands.

Happy New Year!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

memory lane......very nice...Happy New Year May Britt...

Anonymous said...

Another year, with its ups and downs, but also so many beautiful accomplishments !
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MayBritt!
XOXOX
NADINE

Jeanne said...

Your year in review would make a great calendar! Happy New Year to you and your family!

Roos said...

I enjoy it every time to read your blog May Britt and to see the beautiful things you've made.
I wish you and your family a great 2012.
Roos

Sue-Anne said...

Happy New Year to you too! Have a great 2012

Mari, Tenerife (España) said...

I want to wish you and yours a very Happy and Woooooondefull New Year. I look foward sharing with you many more years. See you soon!!!!!!

Haldis said...

Du syr mykje fint! Godt nyttår:) Treffes i 2012, har meldt meg på kurs med deg i Ålborg!

Magda said...

Happy 2012. I hope you be as productive as this.
Let us also hope that the crisis plaguing us these days pass you soon.
a greeting

Annie said...

What a great summary May-I like the idea of "another chance to get it right", and I love the idea of the "Cabin"

Becky said...

Such a wonderful post of memories. Thanks for sharing them with us that follow your blog. I absolutely adore the photo of you basking in the sun covered by your project of the moment.

Montserrat said...

Feliz salida y entrada en el nuevo año. Espero que pases unos feliz noche con tu familia.
HAPPY NEW YEAR¡¡
Montse

Quilting with Jannette said...

Happy New Year to you from Canada! I hope that this coming year is filled with joy and special things - the kind of things that leave us with wonderful memories!

Marit said...

Godt nytt år, May Britt;)

Bodil said...

Godt nyttår! Gleder meg til å følge bloggen din i 2012 også.

Anonymous said...

An awesome review of your beautiful work. Wishing you a peaceful new year.

Beth said...

Happy new year! My best wishes for you, May!

Hanne said...

Happy New Year May Britt!
I am looking forward to spend time with you in the new year - both online and offline :-)

Hanne said...

Happy New Year May Britt!
I am looking forward to spend time with you in the new year - both online and offline :-)

mascanlon said...

Happy New Year May Britt. You are always so inspiring. I love dropping by. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Tone Yvonne said...

Godt nytt år May Britt!

Alltid moro å se året som gikk i bilder, kan konstantere at du har vært produktiv :o)

Rusken er helt klart min favoritt for 2011! Og jeg likte Tour de fibre også - fantastisk påfunn! Blir dette arrangert i 2012 også??

Ønsker deg alt god for 2012 ♥

klem fra Yvonne

Related Posts with Thumbnails