Sunday, September 21, 2014

Phebe

Call me crazy or not.  But since my visit to Shipshewana last november and I saw Edith’s beautiful Phebe quilt, I have had this quilt in mind.  I bought Di Fords book where the pattern is some time ago.  And last weekend when I went to the Norwegian Quilt Festival another Phebe was in the exhibition and I decided that this quilt is one that I have to sew.

P1080660

And today I visited my friend Bjørg bringing my book and fabrics to start this quilt.  Bjørg is sewing this quilt together with me, and today we discussed how we are going to progress this quilt. 

P1080664

I had cheated a little bit.  Earlier this week  started to applique the mound, stems, trees and the flowerpot. 

P1080663

Today I started to applique all the small leafes and berries on the trees. There is a lot of small details on the center piece.  But I love doing needleturn applique.

P1080665

This will be a project I will work on over a long time.  Sewing a little bit now and then, in between other projects that I am working on.  No rush on this quilt.

P1080666

And I am happy this is a scrappy quilt. I will use fabrics from my stash. 

Saying for today:

60a978785f69c94eca44e061802ddc3b

15 comments:

tammy.woods1 said...

It is a beautiful quilt i have started this one to and am enjoying it so much
Happy stitching Phebe
Tammy

Tazzie said...

I love the Phebe quilt too, it's on my list of quilts to make. Can't wait to see your progress.
Hugs
Tazzie
:-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the Phebe quilt too and have the book - I am seriously thinking of making that quilt but I really need to finish a few things first - so I better get busy as soon as I am home.!

margaret said...

looks interesting but I do not know this quilt, have just scrolled through all ur blogs from the show but did not spot it, there are so many wonderful quilts you have shared with us, I will be coming back again and again to see them

Susan said...

You have made a lovely start. It will be beautiful scrap quilt to work on for a long time.

Judith said...

I totally understand, this quilt is gorgeous! Good luck.

NADINE said...

I got this book, too and love it :))
Amazingly some among us have also started this quilt, including me... 3 weeks ago, HeHee...
Long term project, indeed, but it's worth it.
Good luck in making it, and the same to Bjork, as well. I'm sure you'll make beautiful work, as usual...

Xoxoxo
NADINE

helen said...

I appreciated very much the great pictures and comments of your trip to the Quilt Festival! it was like coming along, too!Thank you!
Looking forward your progress on your new project!
Best wishes!

Julimond said...

Dear May Britt
I also have this wonderful book. Di Ford made so wonderful quilts.
I hope to start one of them in January 2015.
Phebe is wonderful. And i am sure, yours will be great.
Greetings from Germany

Iris

Anonymous said...

You do such beautiful applique. I know your quilt will be terrific. You Go Girl!!!!!

Grethe said...

Så det er Phebe, flott altså, hyggelig å være to! Lykke til videre begge to:-)

Unknown said...

I truly like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark web site record and will probably be checking again soon. Pls check out my website as effectively and let me know what you think...Best Cccam Server

barb's creations said...

This is going to be a stunning quilt when finished, I look forward to seeing more progress photo's as you go along :) Barb.

Elizabeth said...

Love your colour and fabric choices. Happy stitching

4everstitcher said...

Hate to bother you but the link to the 2010 and 2011 Christmas Hearts is gone...can you help?
Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails