Thursday, December 21, 2006

21 desember

I have started my christmas holiday and have a date with the cleaning bucket today. The boxes with chrismasdecorations is down from the attic and I can start placing them around the house.
Startet this morning with sewing the last christmasgift. One planned present is not going to be finished. I realised that there is no time left to do it. And I have told myself.....next year I have to start a little bit earlier. But after reading other blogs I have found out I'm not the only one making presents in the last minutes :)

Yesterday we have our secret santa present opening. We were several on a yahoo group who joined a secret santa swap. And this is the gift I got from Berit. I am so happy. Look what I got. 8 pieces of silkfabric, two brown fabrics, silk thread (which I love to use) and several boxes of beads and laces.


I have to show you what my DD made for her friend. A cute makeup purse. She transferred photo on fabric and used this as a decoration on one side, and on the other side she stitched "Søtnos" (which means "cutie"). It doesn't show but inside she have used a bright pink fabric. The pattern is from the newest book from Tilda. It was a great pattern and a easy way to sew the zipper in. I am going to make this one also............after christmas. And I think she also wants to make more of these. I am so proud of her.


Now the bucket is calling on me. Will show you my christmas quilts later.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

you received some lovely things in the Secret Santa swap. I love the fabrics.

Your daughter is very clever to have made the makeup purse. It looks very nice.

Diana Napier said...

Good luck on the cleaning and I hope you can do something more fun today also.

Related Posts with Thumbnails