Tuesday, December 05, 2006

5 desember

Yesterday I got the binding on this table runner. Someone asked where I found the pattern. It is from a Norwegian designer called AnnAKa and she designs a lot of lovely patterns.
I also made this little heart wallhanging yesterday. It is also from one of AnnAKa's patterns. This was very fun and quick to make. It was supposed to be a christmas gift but my DD loved it so much that she wants it. So I have to make another one....or two. If you look at the pattern here, you can see that this heart is one of two hearts that shall hang together.




Still now snow where I live. We have had rain and warm weather the last weeks. It is quite unusual for this time of the year. I remember when I was a little child we had real winters with snow and very cold weather. I am not very fond of snow, I just want a little bit so I can find my christmas feeling. So now I just have to play christmas music and watch the advent calender series on tv.

Perhaps if I start to sew on my nisse kit I can find more christmas feelings. I got this kit of Tilda's nisser from a good friend last year, but I did not make them then. I found it in my closet when I was cleaning it and now it lays on my sewingtable ready to be done.


10 comments:

Joyce said...

Beautiful work. I checked out her patterns and they are gorgeous. I love her bags.

Hanne said...

I have made the Nisse kit - and am looking forward to decorate with them again. They are so cute.

Laurie Ann said...

I love both of those wall hangings. Very creative!!!

Susan said...

Your hearts are outstanding. Such an unusual use of color and design

Susan said...

I love both of those heart designs. I think the top one might make a great border on a quilt I'm doing! The Xs and Os one. I will have to check out her patterns to see if they are available here.

What is nisse? I see that it has something to do with Christmas or snow. It's cute as can be, and I look forward to seeing yours.

Simonetta said...

Very beautiful these TB, they knows from Christmas! Also here Italy the time is very strange, is warm and doesn't seem December!
I love the models of Tilda, they is so nice!!!!

Libby said...

Isn't it wonderful when daughter admires your work and claims it for her own *s* I can see why she wanted this heart.

Becky said...

Lovely hearts and I can hardly wait to see the Nisse finished! ADORABLE PATTERN!

Cynthia said...

both your heart projects are very nice May Britt. Can't wait to see the Nisse.

Pam said...

Those are both such unique and beautiful wallhanging. I really love them both. Is it done with fusible iron on web or applique?

Related Posts with Thumbnails