Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Third day of christmas

Already third day of christmas. I uploaded these pictures yesterday, but did not have time to do anymore with them. I started yesterday some "officework" with the Norwegian quilters ascociations annual meeting. I have all the registration for this meeting and have already got a lot of registrations in the mail. We have a special quilt teacher this year. Katie Pasquini Masopust from America is visiting our annual meeting and will give classes. I look forward to meet this lady and see her work.

First I want to thank you all for all the lovely greetings I got during the last days. After starting to blog I have got to know a lot of beautiful people. You have been so inspiring and I have enjoyed all the giggles I have had with some of you. And I know there is more to come.
Not so much sewing done these days, but tonight I will enter my sewingroom and try to do something.

This first picture is Frida who is waiting to open the presents. She got a new cat climber which she was very sceptical on first. But now she loves it.

My dear mother was supposed to visit us on christmas eve, but she is not so well these days. She got diabetes and they have not yet got controle of it. So it was the best for her to stay at the old peoples home. We visited her for several hours and she opened her christmasgifts from us while we were staying there. I feel a bit sad and guilty not bringing her home with us but I have to realise she was better staying where she was.
I got a lot of lovely quilt related presents. My DD and DS gav me this beautiful bundle of 16 fat quarters of "antique rose" by Lecien. Isn't they georgius. I do not know what to make of them yet, but it have to be something romantic.

As you see they also gave me Tilda's face paint and glimmerspray. So now I can start to make a lot of Tildas dolls. And I got the book "Home Sweet Home" which I had on my wish list. I love this book. Perhaps that bundle of fabric I got can be used to make something from this book....hmmmm have to think about that. I also got a lot of buttons and laces for my CQ. The presents this year was so amazing. But the best of christmas is to be together with my dear ones. That means so much to me.

We have had grey and cold weather for some days, but yesterday the sun started to shine through and we got this amazing photos. The first one early yesterday morning, then in the middle of the day and the last one the sunset.


I wish you all a nice and peaceful third day of christmas. I will now enter my sewingroom to study my quilty christmas gifts and perhaps find something to sew on while watching tv tonight.

14 comments:

Melanie said...

I love this post. You must be a neat lady to get such great quilting gifts. I know it's hard seeing our parents get older, you just have to realize she's getting needed care... Loved all the pictures

The Calico Cat said...

Katie came to my guild a few years ago - she is a great teacher and speaker.

I still really like her gradiation method even though I do not employ it myself.

Juliann in WA said...

looks like you got some nice quilty gifts - can't wait to see you Home Sweet Home quilt - I was pondering that book too
have fun and keep posting lots of pics
juliann

Susan said...

Seems as though a good time was had by all. You got some great gifts.

Cynthia said...

your bundle of fat quarters are just lovely. They are certainly fabrics i would buy. Can't wait to see what you make with them.

Love the photo of your family.

Ati said...

Hi May Britt. Beautiful gifts you have got from Santa. I am looking forward to see what you are making of that fabric.

Libby said...

You must have been a very good girl this year -- you received some wonderful gifts. It is nice you got to spend the time with your mom, hard to leave, I'm sure, but much better for her health to be cared for.

I'll be watching to see what your fabrics go into - so pretty.

Angie said...

What a wonderful bunch of quilty stuff you got, girlfriend! :) Love those fabrics too. I really enjoyed seeing the picture of your "fur baby" and also your family. :) Happy Holidays, girlfriend!

Susan said...

What beautiful pictures you've taken! Thans for sharing those. Your Christmas looks very quilty! All those fabrics are very beautiful. I know you will find the perfect pattern for them.

I hope they control your mother's diabetes soon.

Nina In Norway said...

I love that bundle of fabric. Please let me know (if possible) where it is purchased.
I can see you have been nice this year.

Frederique said...

Happy new year to you and your family!

Pilar Ramos said...

Vives en un lugar maravilloso. Que bonitos regalos has recibido. Feliz Año Nuevo.

Sweet P said...

What a great collection of gifts. Your mom looks good even if she couldn't come home for Christmas. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. I think the sunrises and sunsets are the most beautiful in the winter.

Anita said...

Du og du så lik du er din mor :-D Koselig bilde
Klem fra Anita T.

Related Posts with Thumbnails